Agnostic.com

38 3

I've noticed most on this site don't think Trump is a good president. No one has offered proof, only gossip. I just took this video from a friend on FB and wanted to put it here to see who thinks this man is right.
Who here would change their mind on Trump if he is correct? Since Trump is President, shouldn't we support him and give him a chance to prove himself>
Watch this video;
[facebook.com]

VirginCotton 6 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He makes some good points, but being so old the video is out of date. For instance the ceasefire in Syria didn't last, though America is still not boots on the ground.

I think one of the big issues with Donald Trump is the bad that comes with any good; his open bigotry, the growing evidence of collusion with foreign powers to undermine elections (yeah, American elections are probably corrupt in many other ways anyway, but do you want to add more to the list?), the dismissal of appropriate expertise, denial of data etc.

In principle there is nothing wrong with wanting a perfect president, even if no such thing exists, but Trump is a very long way from decent, let alone perfect.

The only proof you need is to watch and listen to him. He lies about everything and there is recorded proof of him talking and seeing that he is lying. Fact checking is the proof.

This guy picks and chooses what issues he thinks Trump is excelling at the way that Catholics pick and choose what parts of the Bible they are going to follow as canon and which ones are just allegorical. Nothing said that can’t be disputed (not by me, plenty of others here have done so), but a whole lot left unsaid.

What An0maly said is true but people really aren't going to want to hear it.

No one has offered proof? Seriously? Do you READ? Or do you get your news from Fox "news."

Thank you, thank you, goodbye.

I listened to the entire video, and I took notes while he laid out his position:

• Ending the TPP: It's my understanding that the TPP was ending regardless of anything DJT did. Whether it was a good thing or not was too confusing for me to ever form a solid opinion. I listened to a lot of discussion on it, but I never really understood the deep complexities of it.
  • Taking down the "mainstream media": This is really his primary point, and I don't completely disagree that the news media could do a far better job. I don't blame the entire media, though; 24-hour news networks are the ones who are most sensationalist for the sake of keeping eyes glued to the television. The speaker presents the "mainstream media" as a monolithic entity out to destroy DJT, and therefore DJT is doing a great job of calling them out. That's absolute nonsense. DJT isn't taking down corrupt media outlets, but rather cries "fake news" whenever anyone says something critical about him. He's all too happy with Fox News and Breitbart, the obsequious who never hold his feet to the flames. I agree that news media should be doing more, but they're actually doing a lot to keep us informed and to serve as the fourth estate, the arm that flexes on behalf of the people. A free and trusted news media is essential in a democratic society.
  • Ending trafficking: The speaker asserts that "liberals" think human trafficking is just a conspiracy and act as though it isn't happening, and then goes on to show liberal people speaking out against trafficking. He provides no evidence to support his claim, and seems to make this point just to discredit opposition to DJT. And he never explains how the Trump administration is directly behind the crackdown, or how it contrasts with other administrations' policies.
  • Draining the swamp: He focuses largely on the notion of the wealth of the cabinet which, to be fair, has been a misguided criticism from opponents. However, he never addresses the bigger problems, and I assume this isn't a mere oversight on his part. The real problem isn't wealth, but that these people have agendas attached to that wealth, positions of power in various industries that motivate them to undermine regulations that hurt their bottom line. And there's the problem that so many of these people are ill-suited for the governmental position they hold (e.g., Ben Carson, renowned surgeon, was appointed to Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, but he has absolutely no background in that area).
  • Backing out of the Paris climate deal: Even if the Paris climate deal wasn't effective, pulling out didn't accomplish anything either. Yes, I fully agree we should do something more, but the speaker pretends (and, yes, I think he was being incredibly dishonest here) that DJT pulled out because it wasn't effective. But there's no indication that DJT has any intention to focus on doing something actually effective. He's not promoting climate change awareness. He's not suggesting people plant trees. He's not talking about clean air and clean water initiatives. Instead, he's talking about expanding coal production and drilling for oil in delicate ecosystems, and his "America first" rhetoric suggests he feels no obligation or responsibility to the rest of the world.
  • Rebelling against political correctness: I'm no fan of PC culture, as I think it has a tendency to backfire, and I think that's actually part of what fired up the DJT supporters in the first place (but that's a different discussion). Unfortunately, the speaker in the video is confusing frank, honest discussion for making wild accusations and lobbing vile insults at people who aren't his loyal fans. The speaker further focuses on PC culture being at the heart of politicians' two-faced nature, and he says he wants someone who's a good person rather than someone who just says nice things. First, why can't we have both? Second, how has DJT shown himself to be such a great person? What has he done to show he's genuinely a magnanimous, altruistic person, someone who cares about the wellbeing of others, treating people honestly and kindly, etc.? All I've seen is a guy who will stop at nothing to make a buck, including refusing to pay people for products and services rendered, people who lack the resources to effectively fight him to receive the full value. He takes advantage of people and calls it "making a deal." No, he welshed, and the people he screwed couldn't afford to do anything but accept partial payment, even though it often meant taking a loss overall on the business transaction. The speaker further talks about how this lack of political correctness from DJT opens the door "to have an honest, respectful, genuine president in the future." How? The continual lies and verbal assaults from DJT against anyone he deems to be disloyal to him is anything but respectful. How does future discourse in politics become more respectful when we've lowered that bar so far in this presidency?
  • Talk with people: Here's the only part of the entire video I fully agreed with, and it wasn't a major point, but just a closing statement. The speaker urges people to think for themselves and talk with other people who hold different views. Yes! I wholeheartedly agree with this. This doesn't mean we have to accept poor arguments like the one laid out in this video, but I fully support people befriending others from varied backgrounds, whether cultural or social or economic. Talk with the rich and the poor. Talk with people from other nations and communities. Talk with the old and the young. Talk with people of various political perspectives.

Summation: Overall I found the video to depict opponents of Donald Trump as having nothing more than an irrational, knee-jerk reaction, as though every criticism is baseless. To support his thesis, he provided cherrypicked examples that are mostly specious. The video did nothing to change my mind about Donald Trump or to reconsider supporting him.

Let's see: uh Jeff Sessions, Betsy Devos, Pence, Net Neutrality, the Johnson Amendment, Neil Gorsuch, need I go on?

Here is another video from this piece of crap. Sounds like the Alt-right mumbo jumbo. He actually draws a comparison on the "Deep State" and the JFK assassination. His music sucks too.

Source:

Most of the people on this website with the exception of a very few are left wing Obama loving liberals and no matter how good Trump does they’ll never support him. Hell Trump’s done more good in 1 year than that idiot Obama did in 8!

@VirginCotton what bothers me about this discussion is that when people comment on President Trump, as you have requested, you often criticize them for their opinions or dismiss them if they differ from yours. Why do you feel the need to do that?

@VirginCotton Yes sir, I find many of your responses critical, infantile, patronizing and dismissive. Perhaps you would like some examples? I will start with these:

"If your comments were condensed to a word, it would be an Oxymoron."

"I have read the bible through a couple times, how is that for 'qualifying?' How is your 'head,', fat?"

"You are like a silly bird shiting in his own nest...."

"Thanks for clearing that up, good job, I may joke, but you knowing so much more than me about the American people is impressive..."

"Thank you for clearing all that up... It is well and good to have one person here that knows more than all the rest in America. I fell enlightened...."

@VirginCotton actually, I did not fail to read the comments of others, you would be wrong in that assumption. But I've grown weary of this conversation and topic and have better things to do with my time than argue with a "freethinking" 45 supporter. Good luck to you.

I love Trump and what he is doing for this country!

gater Level 7 Jan 22, 2018

Your perception of 'love' is not any kind of 'love' that i have ever been exposed to...maybe, you got bored here and lost your concentration? Then on the other hand, maybe you need more 'love' in your own life?

@Freedompath - Wow - do you always give psychological analysis based on a word? lol - that's amazing!

@DaveRampey ...it's just what I have done all my life and I see no point in stopping now...it is a natural thing and we must not deny our nature! Lol

Someone it seems had rubbed on the wrong side.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.