Agnostic.com

29 6

I have a friend who doesn’t have any friends.

Bravelyranaway 4 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a paradox! I'm surprised a black hole hasn't developed around him.

Best to unfriend him just in case.

Lol

This is not an oxymoron. I don't know that the OP meant anything deep and meaningful, but there are certainly some interesting things to consider in this simple sentence.

Friendships can be completely one sided. I can love someone who doesn't love anyone. I can have a child that has no children. I can have a friend who has no friends. It just means that someone offers me friendship, help, loyalty and love and I give them nothing in return and neither does anyone else.

That is very true; I didn't think of it that way when the guy did this post. Now I feel like a dumb ass that learned something new.

Well, he's got one...at least, right?

I have one friend.

That's all one really needs

I have one friend. I'm not sure he has any other friends left. He burned some bridges with his alcoholism.

I have one friend and his name is JIM (or JACK).

They have no friends because they are...NOT...people.

Oh I got it! You are talking about yourself. Your friend is yourself! Ding! Ding! Ding! What do I win?

Ahhh! Yeah! I got it now: "I'm my own friend."

But it could also be your last reply.

I don't. I dropped everyone three years ago. I have people who come over irregularly ( maybe once a month) but other wise, I don't need that. What are you questioning here? Or how are you concerned? And honestly why?

Ambiguity isn't bad in the 21st.

Over/under on number of people who won't get it?

he has got a friend. you

he has got a friend. you. what defines a friend anyway? I've got shitloads of acquaintances but only about 2 friends apart from my dogs and mum.

Paradoxical directive.

Oxymoron.

Betty Level 8 Jan 23, 2018

because you are nobody?

That sentence is self contradictory.

what are you then?

I have a lot of acquaintances but only a couple whom I call friend. My late husband and I considered each other our best friend. Lived in each other's pocket a lot. Not a good idea.

What's your friend's name - the one who has no friends?

Is it JIM or JACK?

Because JIM is also my friend. And he's always a bastard to everyone - so he has no friends.

Huh!

Well, that friend does have a friend and it's you.

Well, that friend does have a friend and it's you.

Aren't you their friend?

Lol. A paradox, nice.

So, what you're saying is that you have a friend that doesn't think enough of you to consider you as a friend.

May be ur friend request was not accepted in facebook

He has at least one friend and that’s you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17610
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.