Agnostic.com

18 4

How many times have you been married?

Well folks ...... I'm in my 3rd marriage and we've been together go 6 months of dating and 7.5 years of marriage. I've read the books on how to and what not to do...lpl.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once and never again.

Twice, & both times for legal reasons. I never felt the need to manifest my love with a certificate, but when I was 18 & desperate to escape an abusive family home, I took the way out through marriage. & when, many years & one divorce later, I wanted to stay in a new relationship with an australian, & the easiest way was to get hooked officially ... voila.

I've been in long-term marriage, in relationships that were both long and short, etc. and I've discovered that I'm resistant to playing the "wife" role. After a while, I'm done with it. I prefer being in a relationship, in theory, but the reality tends to make me feel claustrophobic.

4 times. Now in my defense the first was annulled, the second was the mother of my children and the third and fourth we're the same person. Yes I am aware it's like going to a yard sale and buying your own shit back but there were drug and alcohol issues and she promised she was clean only to find out she was using again.

Ouch .... brother.

0.. just was never in the cards for me. Think I am way too independent for most guys.

Once for 21 years. He died of cancer 5 years ago.

Im so sorry...

@BucketlistBob thank you

Married the first time for less than 2 years, I was 19 when I got married. Married the second time at 25 and was married for over 25 years. I forgot about the first one, and really never mentioned it to my kids, til I was with the youngest getting a passport and they asked if I had any other names. I said "oh yeah," and my daughter's voice went up an octave and a half and she said "what?!?!?!?" It was funny.

Married once for 6 yrs or so. Didn't end well. For her, maybe it did....

Zero.

Once: 1988-2006, ended by cancer. It was great. I really hated to have it ended like that.

Zster Level 8 Jan 23, 2018

Once when I was far too young and we didn't know each other well enough. He was a good guy - we were just mismatched. I've had two five-year "like married" live-together relationships. Then an almost married relationship for 3 1/2 years, but my fiance died. Besides that, I regretfully wasted too many precious years loving unavailable partners.

Once, in the early 90's.
My wife worked as a bartender at the time and basically became a fall down drunk.
About 4 years into our marriage she started going to AA meetings to get sober. A year later she dropped divorce papers on me.
She met someone else at an AA meeting. Go figure. lol

On #3, and it has not gone very well. Once this one is over, that's it. Three strikes and I'm out!!

Me too...

Once, in the late 80's.

Once .From 1983 until now

Never

zero times. I was engaged once though. I did like the sparkly ring, I think it went up the vacuum cleaner. opps! hehe

Sacha Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

zee roe

skado Level 9 Jan 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.