Agnostic.com

25 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dead in the water, but then again, it is Mississippi.

As David Silverman has said, I would like to know which of the 3 different sets of the 10 commandments that are in their book are they going to use?

Oh Jesus H Christ.........no. A whole world of nope.

Angry emoji... They truly don't understand that freedom of religion absolutely includes freedom FROM religion. Just astoundingly ignorant, blinded by their faith.

For those of you who are surprised by a Democrat submitting a bill like this, welcome to "Dixie" where there are more churches per capita than any other area of the US. I live in Louisiana. This does not surprise me, it angers me that anyone would propose such an unconstitutional piece of legislation. Then, who ever said it takes intelligence to be elected into office?

Child abuse

jeffy Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

Someone should remind them to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.". If it works for taxes, it should work for following the law of the land...

WTF another southern state injecting god into the public school system. Outrageous

In the deep south there really isn't any church and state separation. I was told to go to church at the grocery store on sunday morning. Yes it really is bad for athiests and nonbelievers there.

That is a direct violation of the First Amendment's Establishment Clause. This is something the FFRF and Americans United should be made aware of.

In the deep south there really isn't any church and state separation. I was told to go to church at the grocery store on sunday morning. Yes it really is bad for athiests and nonbelievers there.

Whatever happened to the separation of church and state? The USA has never been a christian country. At least not until now. Trump and the republicans are taking us back to the 50's along with a few democrats apparently. More coal! Too bad we need 1.21 gigawatts to get back to the present...

wow, some Americans, is this "FAKE NEWS?" here in the UK we follow you, since when did the 10 commandments become part of your constitution?

It has been that way a long time. Noah used it as bedding for the Dinosauras

Must be defeated!!

Yeah, that won't hold up in court. LOL

They keep trying....and hopefully they will keep failing. These people, they shouldn't even BE in office if they don't even remember or follow the basic tenants of their constitution.

I think the thing that threw me off with the article was that it was a democrat proposing this. Then again I guess they're a blue dog dem. I'm just used to this garbage being put forth by republicans.

Oh man... I hope not!

What has happened to 'separation of Church and State?' This reminds me of how Christians use certain text from the Bible to fit THEIR 'point of veiw!' That will not stand up in court. It seems like a constant battle trying to maintain, what I have always believed was laid out in our Constitution! Sometimes, I question if i understand the Constitution!

Is that legal?

And if they can't? Can they have a religious objection and use the 7 tenants of Satanism? Or the 3 sacred sauce recipied of the FSM?

#segregationnation

Ouch... we didn't did that in private catholic school in Puerto Rico.

No problem....the 10 commandment were not "invented" by the Christians.

Boooo!

Unfortunately, there are only 10 commandments, yet the US Constitution has 7 articles and 27 ammendments... rednecks can't handle things that number more than the teeth in their mouth.

godef Level 7 Jan 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17730
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.