Agnostic.com

46 5

Have you ever hated/disliked your boyfriend/girlfriend’s mom/dad or both?

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments (26 - 46)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a boyfriend in high school who was a very sweet boy. His dad was a teacher at my high school and the dad was a jerk. He was super creepy to all the female students and treated his wife like she was his servant.

Ugh! That is creepy!!!

I've never had a problem like that.
I usually get along with every one.

My late wife was raised by her birth mothers sister,as soon after giving birth,the mother went back to her drinking.My wife would not have survived,never having met her birth mother,but I got along well with her Aunt.We conversed just last night,she's 91,still mentally sharp,never smoked a day in her life.

No but I had a girlfriend in college and we moved in an apartment together. Based on our living together her parents HATED me! Shortly after we moved in together we went to a supermarket together but I went in alone. While in the store I ran into my girlfriend's Mom. I knew she wasn't happy about our moving in together but was totally unaware of the extent of her anger about it. I actually attempted to say hello and she immediately launched into a crazy, ballistic, screaming tirade on me. She was waving her arms and screaming that I was just living with her daughter so she would pay for my college. My girlfriend didn't pay a dime toward my college but her Mom was not in a listening mood. All the shoppers in all the cashier lines and all the checkers stopped and were watching this woman go bonkers on me. I quickly left the store and my own car came screeching up to me with my girlfriend at the wheel yelling at me to get in NOW. Apparently as she waited for me in the store she saw her Mom's car in the parking lot and took on the job of get-away driver. And we got away.

OCJoe Level 6 Sep 15, 2018

Not really. I've always gotten along with the "in-laws".
I was particularly close with my 2nd husband's mother. She was a wonderful
woman, and I miss her still. She died shortly after our divorce, but we kept in
touch right up until just before she passed. She always said I treated her better
than her two daughters ever did.
As far as I know, all my in-laws liked me.

No but I once dated a guy whose parents didn't like me. Said he could do better ? I was 15 lol what'd I do? Lolol

Cool

I have never harbored any ill will towards an ex's parents but my most recent ex's mom very much disliked me. I was her first real boyfriend and she felt as though I was stealing her away, going so far as to tell her that she was jealous and resented me for it. in the beginning she tried very hard to make her resent me just as much but it only made her distance herself more in a way. needless to say, seven years later we parted ways on friendly speaking terms and her has never been happier.

No, never

Hate is a little strong but yes, my son's moms parents because they were druggies and lieing theives and my 1st girlfriends dad i had to shoot him in the leg cuz he was such a dick

I haven't, actually. Now, my most recent ex's sister, that's another story altogether. She was one of those ultra conservative religious types. I still shudder at some of the things she said.

d_day Level 7 Sep 15, 2018

I never hated but my Ex mother in law hated me....and nothing I could do was good. And my mom hated his mom but liked him....blaghhjh

I do not use the word hate often. Hatred denotes active efforts to destroy/undermine. I have disliked because they have been unfriendly or weird.

Nah, I get along w most people. A few GFs relatives have said crappy things, but meh that's mostly between her and them.

I get along w my ex wife's siblings better than she does

i wish my folks could have met my guy and that i could have met my guy's folks. alas, they were all dead when my guy and i met.

g

I will Dance on her Grave!!!

@DEROB I am a retired US Navy 20 year Man... My Body belongs to Davy Jone's Locker. I hope she do... You should had checked my Bio before commenting but no fault of your own... I don't read bios either before adding my 2 cents. I hope she do.

No, for the most part it's been ok, my ex's parents were/are a bit odd/wet/strange however. Probably why I'm separated.......thankfully 🙂

My SO's parents had passed away long ago and I never met them. My boyfriend's parents are back east and I have never met them and probably never will. My FWB, I don't know if his parents are still alive or not. I think they have passed away. I never asked.

At one point or another, I have gotten along better with the parents of all my exes than I have those exes. (at least the parents I have met)

The ex-wife's parents were ultimately responsible for our break-up, but I sincerely tried to like them, and usually succeeded, until the end.

The girl I dated in Uni, her mum has always adored me (probably because I was such a good influence on her daughter).

The ultra-religious girl I dated, told me her parents would NEVER approve of me. Years later, they still like me better than they like her.

And try as she might, my mum has never managed to get along with any of my exes. Probably because she thinks I can do better. 😉

Ozman Level 7 Sep 15, 2018

My first husband's mom went to the flea market instead of attending our wedding. Three months after we were married she called my mother accusing me of cheating on her son since he was unable to get ahold of me (he was a truck driver). My mother pointed out that I told him I would be at my sister's that weekend but she didn't care.

A few months later she hung up on my husband and did not answer the phone when he called back. Frantic, we drive in the middle of the night to her house to make sure she was okay (she had heart problems). She had went outside and could not understand why we were so upset.

I truly disliked that woman.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:179634
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.