Agnostic.com

38 12

QUESTION Oklahoma Lawmaker: Rape and Incest are the ‘Will of God’

It's things like this that make me feel ill, when I think about religion.

snytiger6 9 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I lived in Oklahoma for 8 years. It was a learning experience. I had no idea anyplace in America was living as a feudal fiefdom.

What was that song? Sympathy for the Diety?

godef Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

What a piece of shit? Would never live in Oklahoma. Who is going to pay for the care and education of these special needs kids that will be abandoned.?

No words, too angry.

It especially makes me feel ill that I live in Oklahoma.

Iffy Level 5 Jan 24, 2018

I wish religion would become illegal.

Well, since humans are gods, the real ones in charge of our lives, in a way, the rape and incest being committed is the will of the evil "gods" doing it.

I.... am finally speechless

Sacha Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

These kinds of statements by lawmakers just show how stupid people can be. How ignorant.

It's people like him who put the young of his own family in harm's way. He may deserve retribution but no child does. The ones who are hurt by rapists and incest promoters are the vulnerable or ones in a vulnerable position.

So, this would also mean that any human interference in saving a life is "playing god." And, what about this supposed "free will?" If this god gave humans free will, giving them the freedom to do as THEY choose, then it is playing god to deny them their freedom of choice---right? Also, one would think, if this god does not want an abortion to happen it will make sure it doesn't. And, added to this, this supposed god knew every abortion that was going to take place before it ever created humans, so how could it be upset about any of them---or about anything that humans do? They forget that their god created humans, knowing all these things, just so it could have some tiny beings to fear and worship it...disgusting!

The only possibly effective response to any “Will of God” statement is that it could also be the will of Satan. By sanctifying a seemingly evil act it’s just as likely to be supporting Satan as assigning God’s disappointments. The Garden of Eden story demonstrates that being tricked is not a defense for soiling ones soul.

The only possibly effective response to any “Will of God” statement is that it could also be the will of Satan. By sanctifying a seemingly evil act it’s just as likely to be supporting Satan as assigning God’s disappointments. The Garden of Eden story demonstrates that being tricked is not a defense for soiling ones soul.

It especially makes me feel ill that I live in Oklahoma.

Iffy Level 5 Jan 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.