Agnostic.com

63 15

What items on a person’s profile here make them an easy ‘Nope!’ for dating?

Browsing members, reading comments, posts; I found a few with instant turn offs for me.
Religious/Believer/Spiritual
(Spiritual as defined here- belief in a supernatural entity)
‘Hookups’ listed
Member of conservative groups

Certainly there’s more to weigh within the profiles but these are instant Nope! for me.
How about you?

AmiSue 8 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments (51 - 63)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The ones which say they are here to meet men and have no photo. That makes absolutely no sense. When they do post photos, attempt a smile in at least one photo. Some folks look like they are in a lineup. If they love to camp, that is a no. I do like hiking. No hunters. I don't care if they are perfect in every other way.

Smoker.
Member of any organized religion, with a possible exception for Buddhism.
Trump supporter, or other right wing connections.

While not an absolute 'Nope,' I prefer dating someone who does not drink alcohol or use weed, especially excessively.

I also find bad grammar to be a turn off (but bad Gramma can be a different story 😉 ).

Learned a little viewing this thread... The first thing that comes to my mind is any Trump fan... But I doubt you'd find many here anyway.

Some people should lighten up... But I guess that''s just me

I agree with a few things you have listed here. Not sure I want an LTR and I certainly do not want a smoker. Can't stand a conservative because they believe all the Trump nonsense and didn't even think that way until Trump actually came along. Must be Trumpzombies? I might weigh 250 but I don't want you to. If you call yourself atheist but you are still "spiritual" you are not for me. Spiritual can be anything you want it to be. If you flip flop on atheism you are not for me. I'm not wanting a situation where we get along perfect and then you "find god again" and some guy who says he is a minister declares we are "not equally yoked" and you justify breaking up because of that. I been around a while and I've seen a lot of things.

Have to be careful with that because people define words differently. For me spirituality means trying to elevate my spirit, rather than any superstitious meaning.

Great question. Learned a lot reading the answers!

male. trans. other. etc, etc, etc.

The two you mentioned, especially the blatant religious types(cross in photo, praise for god in photo, etc.), plus usually a heavy smoker is a no no..

And someone with no photos, I learned pretty quick that's not a good idea.

Support Trump.
Favorite books: cook books.
Favorite Books: the bible.
Hopeless Romantic.
Must love Jesus.

Oh, I didn't read the initial question carefully. These are generic red flags. Not sure if I'd seen them here.

As an executive chef for 3 decades and a cookbook editor and recipe creator...I take offense that you discriminate against cook books!
But why??? 😟

@SkotlandSkye Sorry. I guess I didn't think about that. I didn't mean to offend. But I am weary of people who do not like books, in general, and women who limit themselves to the gender role. I guess I should understand that there are always the exception to the rules.

I am a lawyer, and I would be weary of the people who said that their favorite books are law books.

Reading is an enjoyment that I value, and if I was out of line, I apologize.

@KenChang You will be happy to know that while I have about 1200 cookbooks in my collection...I have another 2000 books that are everything from travel and history to Sci-Fi and adventure fiction 🙂 I also have a decent vintage school book which is quite fun to peruse.

It’s weird on a site where so many others are like me. I’m good. You’re super pretty though.

Me me me me me

Not as much of it found here as tinder n other dating apps/sites but: conservative, religious, kids at home, eat pray and live laugh love, and nevertheless she persisted are becoming red flag memes lately... Pictures of her letting a dog kiss her on the mouth/lick her face are disturbingly common too, that's incredibly gross (unless its a spontaneous puppy kiss but these are usually big dogs that they seem to be practically making out with daily, gag me with a spoon.)

Is a long "No" list a sign of an inability to love?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181820
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.