Agnostic.com

41 3

So, leaving religion out of it...do you believe in anything "supernatural"?

Dida 7 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Driver picks the music. Passenger shuts his pie hole!" This is a line from the TV show Supernatural. It is the only supernatural I have any interest in. Those boys are pretty eye candy!

can't really think of anything. Sorry.

I view all things supernatural through the clear eyes of skepticism.

Nope.

For all the reasons previously posted.

Nope.

Except Gef The Talking Mongoose.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

Yes, as many have said, gods are just archetypes and euphemisms for forces we can't comprehend with our 5 senses... like air or gravity. all of our scientific findings are little more than linguistic and mathematical representations of these same forces that we have as a society, chosen to define through language and such as opposed to anthropomorphic archetypes. through the evolution of language we use words like "orbit" instead of "dude in a chariot pulling the orb of light around the planet." just think, we can only percieve 3 colors of the light spectrum (we deem as primary colors), yet there are creatures such as butterflies that can see 24 or more colors than our human minds can even comprehend. who knows what that truly entails...

Nope. Not even slightly.

My ex wife swore our basement was haunted. Not the whole house, just the basement.

No. Not at all!

Believe? No. But I also don’t discount them out of hand.

Supernatural by definition is something that is beyond the natural world, therefore there is no way to detect it. Since the Supernatural cannot be detected there's no reason to believe that there could possibly be something Supernatural because once that thing that is claimed to be Supernatural is detected then it is no longer Supernatural, it then becomes part of the natural. There is absolutely no reason at all to believe that anyting Supernatural does or could possibly exist. The term Supernatural is nothing more than a bucket filled with things we don't know.

yes, understanding rather than judgement is supernatural i guess

There is so much we think we know and we don't know... concepts not yet laid out in our heads because is beyond our paygrade. I believe ghosts are possible because I don't know... the rest of the story.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18188
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.