Agnostic.com

19 3

Do you like comedy? If so what style? Who is/are your favorite performers?

LEPeff 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The late George Carlin had his act together, I enjoy his skits where he rightly criticizes religious screwballs.

I love comedy movies, tv shows and live shows. Currently my favorite comedian is Melissa McCarthy. I loved Monty python when I was younger. Of course the original SNL is always been a favorite of mine. What shows do you like?

Stand up comedy... rodney rude here in oz..

it is full of profanity but if you can cope it quick witted.lol

Lets not forget Tim Minchin

Language warning

One of my favourite Atheist comedians is Jim Jefferies.

Religion

On Trump

Gun control

Also like Eddie Izzard

Love Tim Minchin!

I just saw a clip from Ismo , a Finnish comedian. " ass is the most complicated word in the English language..
I thought it was really freakin good

George Carlin was my all time favorite.

Let me also add Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters.

I came across this song one day while Web surfing. Some great advice.

Robin Williams, George Carlin, Gabriel Iglesias, Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall to name a few. I like comedy with a story rather than a series of jokes.

Betty Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

I love comedy in the form of music. A good song makes me giggle.

I remember not too many years ago there was an interview with Micky Rooney on UK TV. He had come here as he had for many years to star in a pantomime. For our American friends, a panto is put on at Christmas and is a fairytale story like Cinderella for kids and adults. There is a lot of good natured cross dressing. Prince Charming will by a fit looking woman in thigh length boots and tights and the ugly sisters some fat middle aged comedians. So there is Micky Rooney, by this time in his 80s. with his upteenth wife being asked why has he traveled all the way to England to do panto in Leeds. " Because they don`t do pantomimes in America! ".

That guy had some quote.

You always pass failure on your way to success.
Always get married in the morning. That way if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted the whole day.
I buy women shoes and they use them to walk away from me.
I'm the only man in the world with a marriage licence made out to whom it may concern.

I've been a Monty Python fan for decades. Watch Life of Brian.

I love comedy. Right now I’m into Curb Your Enthusiasm and the more I watch it the funnier it gets.

It’s always sunny is great for laughs.

Bill Burr -

Doug Stanhope

Dave Attell

If you watch any of those go with Bill Burr.

I used to like attells show insomniac...

I do a bit of stand up comedy during my set sometimes. I like a lot of different comics, and types of comedy. Movies, parody music, podcasts and YouTube have all split my sides at some point.

Spike Milligan. Rich Hall (if you yanks don't know him he is one of your best exports) Morecambe & Wise, Tommy Cooper Frank Skinner, Dave Allan and Johnny Vegas in " Ideal "

@Stevil He is here in the UK. A regular on TV panel shows and some great documentaries like this clip

I don't really have a preferred style, but five comedians I particularly like are Shappi Khorsandi, Paul Merton, Bill Bailey, Jenny Eclair, Jo Brand (I've never found Jo particularly funny, but I absolutely adore her anyway).

Edited to add: Jerry Sadowitz, Doug Stanhope, Al Campbell (actually a director, but his Barry Shitpeas character on Screenwipe is genius), Diane Morgan (better known as Philomena Cunk)

Jnei Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

George Carlin... stand up up crazy types.

don rickles cracks me up, and Jonathan winters is funny too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18229
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.