Agnostic.com

38 4

Where do you prefer to be beach or mountain?

• 35 votes
  • 56 votes
DrBoolean 3 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live about 90 minutes drive from Lake Tahoe, which is both, really. However, I have a preference for tropical climate and ocean beaches. I love HI.

Yep, on a little island both mountains are often within view from the same spot, and are usually only a short drive away. Have heard Lake Tahoe is nice, have not been there yet.

@Julie808 Tahoe is great, but it ain't Hawaii! LOL!

I don't have to choose because I am surrounded by both.

Me too. Island life allows for both!

The mountains, of course.

Depends on the day. If it's hot, a shady spot on the beach is perfect! If it's cool, a hike in the mountains is wonderful!

Aren't you fortunate to have both! =]

I have the best of both worlds... 12 acres on a 120 foot tall bluff overlooking the river.

I prefer forested mountains.

I love the water. River, lake or ocean. Warm tropical waters.

Growing up in florida ill always have a soft spot for the beach but mountains give me a true feeling of how small we really are in such a big world. But the best of both worlds would be mountains with the ocean hands down.

Why not both?
Fjord areas where I live, the difference between mountain and salt water is 30 min by bike =)

I'd go for mountain just down to novelty. I went from Australia to the UK, neither of which get above 2,000m. And growing up in Australia, I've spent a lot of time at the beach. Do really miss swimming in surf, though.

With global warming they will be one in the same soon.

A mountain every time!

I like both, but mountains have a lot more variety in landscapes views and they dohave water features of rivers and lakes.

Neither. I would prefer to be in a wooded area near a lake or stream.

I live in Florida, about a mile from the Ocean. I love the Ocean, but Florida has very limited horizons beyond it. When I visit my daughter in Colorado it is fantastic. The town she lives is at 9300 feet , even when it is sizzling in Denver, it rarely ever gets above 84 degrees where she lives. There are spots in Colorado where it seems like you can see forever.

It is this interchange of horizons that interests me, the flat expanse of the Ocean and all of Florida for that matter versus the the panorama you see at 10,000 feet standing on the Continental Divide. I think it affects how people confront life. People in Colorado are open and outgoing, people in Florida are neurotic at the core, but in a weird almost ingratiating manner.

I only visit my daughter in the middle of the summer.

cava Level 7 Sep 22, 2018

I grew up near Newport Beach, CA. But lived for years in the Sierra Nevada in Mammoth Lakes. Nothing is more beautiful.

Neither 🙂
I live on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, but not for the beach. I just love the tranquillity of the water.

I would have to add the option of a beach on a mountain as some of the best times I have had were while camping on the beach on an alpine lake in a hanging valley.

both.

g

... but it depends on which beach, and which mountain, and what season, and whether i am on horseback.

g

I'd prefer a mountain because I have this thing about swimming with fish, bacteria, and parasites.

Yup... The deer ticks are much better for you! lol

@RiverRick Yeah, I don't like them either. I'm all for making ticks and mosquitoes extinct.

Clear salt water and the sound of the waves.

Mountain, preferably heavily wooded...

MarcT Level 7 Sep 28, 2018

The beach is closely associated with the sun, which give off deadly radiation.

Mountain please.

Beach 1000%

Ocean breeze.. warm sand, water, waves, getting to ride some waves ?..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:184402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.