Agnostic.com

103 12

Was sex more fun when you still believed in original sin?

To all former believers: was sex more fun when you still feared an all seeing, all knowing, wrathful God? For me, agnostic sex is still awesome, but without the fear of eternal damnation, it's not as risky or exciting. I also got a kinky thrill thinking the old guy in the sky was floating on a cloud, judging me. Thoughts?

EricTrommater 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

103 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was younger I was more afraid of getting pregnant than anything else! Other than that I was too horny to care! Lol

Wish I had met you when you were younger!

Ummmm, fantasizing about some gawd watching? Just no.......

On taking his date up to lovers lane, he tried to put the move on her and she rebuked him. To which he said “ if you are not here after what I am here after, you will still be here after I am long gone. Never had the nerve to say that to my teenage dates

Can't seem to remember how it felt. Do people still have sex? It hasn't gone out of style?

The first time I did it I was still a Christian and I didn’t feel the worthless feeling that church talked about but it was definitely something I felt bad I enjoyed. I still knew I had value as a person but I felt wrong for enjoying it. I learned to separate myself from my sexuality and my relationship with god at the time.
It got better once I started to lose my faith, in a way it was a middle finger to the indoctrination and system.
Don’t get me wrong some church ideas are fun for roll play 😉 but at the time I was religious I felt bad that I enjoyed it.

Never thought of it that way. Love sex anyway. I do remember growing up Catholic and refraining from self pleasuring before a test as kind of a bargaining w god.

Did it work? Lol, asking for a friend. 😛

@EricTrommater eh... I was an A student anyway, so. I couldn't tell ya.😉

I do remember as a teen and young adult I made a deal with God that I would quit self pleasuring if I had a girlfriend. No girl, well, gotta do what I gotta do... lol

By the time l started having sex I was past all of the religious stuff.

i wasn't a believer from around 10. but i almost had a come to jesus moment when i woke up in a bed, with a lady, to shouting & my eyes focused on a little man pointing a big gun at me from about 5 ft away.
that was many decades ago & i haven't touched tequila since.

I just enjoy being a large mammal. Maybe I was never truly a "believer".

I always knew there was no god....
Sex drugs, and rock&roll
My Baptist past ducked me up, until i,got married to a girl who loved sex....

Just because I screamed "OH GOD" that time with her doesn't REALLY mean I was thinking about god at that moment!

I was never a follower, so it's always been great for me. ???

Had long ago figured out original sin was BS before having sex.

The original sin thing is what made me an atheist at age 11. I did not do sex then. So, no to your question.

Sex is awesome. But it's fabulous if you have someone you really care deeply about to share it with.

I never bought original sin, nor any sexual shame. It was always something natural, healthy and fun*. I can't imagine that my experiences would have been better with some weird psychological hangups attached. I always knew I was luckier than most in that regard.

• terms and conditions apply

I have never been a believer, yet sex, in my opinion , needs to be kept kinky and lustful!

Well...it feels good to know the divine spy camera in the sky isn’t watching me when I’m having sex and being a complete creep and pervert about it, so I’d have to say it is that more enjoyable without the original sin thing.

....and if God was watching, he could have at least sent me down a few tips on how.

@EricTrommater I literally almost died of laughter at your comment.

Sex is definitely more enjoyable without it i feel

No... it was more fun when I could convince her that sin will set her free.

I never had sex as a believer. I never had really bad sex and more than likely I have never had sex with a real believer. In other words I've been picky my whole life.
Whoops I just remembered I did have sex with a believer once. It was not the best sex I've ever had.

Did he mumble "OH, GOD!" 🙂

@LucyLoohoo I don't remember that but I did go to church with him for some unknown reason and when I started snoring I was assured he would never ask me to go to church again.

@Lorajay EXCELLENT strategy!

No, it started being fun when I stopped acting like I was "supposed to"

My first wife’s grandma caught us before we got married. She told a story that she lost her cherry in the apple tree with the Preacher’s son. She was cool!

Never even given this a thought - the possibility of a god being interested in watching me and whoever making love seems remote to say the lest ..... of course I have never thad sex with anyone called mary magdelene

She was awesome.

It was more fun when I had it.

No it was a wifely chore to a dreary Christian husband, to whom I am no longer married to.

He thought if having orgasm without intercourse was a big sin, wasting sperm. That was fine with me if you get my drift. Lol

I do remember during premarital counseling our priest (catholic) told us the the church considers simultaneous orgasm as HOLY. True story.

I was 17 when I married and had no idea what orgasm meant. It was in 1967.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.