Agnostic.com

32 6

Why are we here ?

Are we here to glorify some god ? I think we exist just to continue the human species, we have the same mandate from Nature as the viruses , ants , plants and all other animals, we are no different.

Sofocleto 4 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think its personal to each one of us to make a decision about what we do 'here' what we want from 'here' and how we relate to 'here'. if you think youre here to glorify god its a good a reason as any and I would hope that you get some joy from that. I wouldnt stand in the way of anyone elses beliefs and I don't bother to question what I do here i just 'am'.

Answer that question as you see fit and try to live it or not. Its all the same to dread Cthulu. Food for the worms.

Quarm Level 6 Sep 30, 2018

If there is a cosmic reason for our existence, no deities have been as kind as to communicate that in a way one would expect a deity to.

Some people say it is evil to live naturally, without horrible threats, submission and shame. But they are just people and they know nothing - probably less - than the rest of us.

It's better to assume that if there is a reason we are here; then we are fulfilling it right now.

Why do you assume that there's a why?

You are so right on with your post.

"Why are we here ?"

Because we can't be there.

Humans are so egocentric that defies imagination. Years ago they believe they were the center of the solar system, now they enlarge that view and became the center of the universe . If our solar system disappears tomorrow our Milky Way is not going to feel it, similarly if the Milky way does the same our Universe won't notice it. That's how insignificant we are.

I agree totally. The church teaching say God is vain but in fact all worshippers are the vain ones.In this universe we are here today gone tomorrow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.