Agnostic.com

33 6

What are your favorite proofs against the Bible?

What contradictions and impossibilities (other than most obvious, fundamental ones: global flood, talking snake, virgin birth, resurrection etc) are your favorites to point out in the bible?

This is a really good article about some interesting ones, written by an honest pastor of all people, which is a rare find: [friendlyatheist.patheos.com]
These are the sorts of things I was noticing as a Bible scholar that made me start doubting, but I had forgotten half of them. The point about Jesus preferring everyone pray in the closet is a really good one for these days where theyre whining about not being able to display their piety publicly. Jesus supposedly really hated when people stunk of loud piety, but try tellin the prayer in schools crowd that ?

Wurlitzer 8 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am DOG, the GREAT HUMONGOUS! He who createth the Heavens and the Earth! And all creatures which walketh, crawleth, swimmeth, slinketh,stinketh, or flieth upon the Earth! AND IT WAS I who created the holy scriptures with one squirt of my heavenly pee! To confuseth,and confoundeth thou, with endless humdrums of my RIGHTEOUS conundrums! Babble for the rabble, as we say up here, from our lofty perch! Confused yet? Just wait until I confirm Donald Trump as the official ANTI-CHRIST!

Leviticus 11:13-19 New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle,[a] the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

BECAUSE if it flies then it must be a bird right? God said so and god is perfect right?

The best proof against the bible is the bible itself. You have to understand how, when, and why it came together as the big book it is and this includes the many books that were rejected. Many people even today do not accept Revelation. All of the early "church fathers" listed as contemporaries of Jesus really were not. The book is a sham that can only contradict itself when you see how it came into being.

The history forgery.

[truthbeknown.com]

Murdock was very good. She died way too young.

Jesus is God when Jesus is a sacrifice for God. God sacrifices himself to himself? Not that making a sacrifice makes any sense in itself.

Evolution is proof against Christian dogma...
Jesus is a Human Sacrifice that is killed to atone for the (Original) Sin of Adam's Fall. Insofar as Humans evolved from lower life forms, the Adam and Eve story are mythical, as are Adam's Fall and the need for a Human Sacrifice.

@icolan If the outcome was known in advance the sacrifice then becomes only an initiation.

here is one it says you have to hate your family to follow Jesus then in another place it says you have to love Jesus more then your family to follow Jesus. Niether I can do.

The supposed existence of Satan is by far the best argument against the credibility of christianity ..... it makes no sense for Satan to exist if u really have an all powerful god ..... just destroy the MF ..... geez

My favourite proof against the Bible is the Bible itself.

Ozman Level 7 Sep 30, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190269
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.