Agnostic.com

30 5

Unequally Yoked?

As of this writing, I am married with 3 kids. My wife is a devout fundamentalist (apostolic Pentecostal). She knows about my status but she just sees it as me being backslid and going through a phase. I get a lot of prayer, let me tell ya. She wants a strong christian family and believing the way do now definitely jeopardizes that.

My question is, Is there anyone else on here with a similar status?

I know it will never work, especially with how passionate she is about this. I've been with her for almost 20 years, married 15. I love her to death. But what's the saddest to me, is if I ask her to choose, I know what she would do.

GDean2016 4 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My best friend was not a but she did believe in , we got along great we actually liked and enjoyed bumping heads on the subject and learned from it. never once did she ever call me a godless bastard. lol. we respected each others /beliefs.

Why would she need to choose ? All she needs to do is accept your beliefs, as you have so far accepted hers. 20yrs, love, and three kids is not something to casually toss away.

Though if her attitude has been steadily intensifying , the issue could loom large and blow things apart. Time for a heart-to-heart discussion, perhaps with some good counseling included !
You both need to be content here.

My ex-inlaws excuse/explanation to my mom when she asked them why my ex wife filed for divorce.. good ol' 2nd Corinthians 6:14..

OTOH, in I Cor 7, Paul advises (but doesn't command) believers to stay with nonbelieving spouses. So there's a case to be made for that from their book, too.

What in the name of all that's sane is an Apostolic Pentecostalist?

Is it similar to an Evangelical Disciplitarian (Or did I just make that up) ?

Try and let sleeping dogs or gods lie

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:192987
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.