Agnostic.com

25 40

Shortest conversation EVER through online dating.

HIM: Hi, this is Scott. So many questions.
ME: Ask away.

HIM: What are your politics?
ME: Why do you ask? I’m a Democrat and support Planned Parenthood.

HIM: I support Planned Parenthood. I’m a Trump supporter. This isn’t going to work.

ME: I agree. In my profile, I wrote “I am politically liberal and not religious.” That means I’m an atheist. Didn’t you read at the top of my profile:

“If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW.”

HIM: I didn’t read that. Goodbye. (CLICK)

ME (thinking) The idiot doesn’t read! Typical ignorant Trump supporter. No wonder he hasn’t bothered to write a decent profile, or post pictures of himself hiking. Living in liberal Seattle, he must have trouble dating. Good.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting times indeed. Remember the good old days when a Democrat and Republican got together and all that ensued was a lively discussion on slightly varying economic viewpoints.

Am I the only one laughing his ass off at "I didn't read that"? Translation: "I'm contacting you because I'm interested in a relationship but really don't care to hear anything you have to say. So... whaddya say baby?"

A few years ago I met this woman and we got along fabulously. After a nice expensive dinner, I was driving her back to her place, for what I was hoping to be some good times, when she dropped the dreaded question, "Where do you go to church?". I explained my position and she could not get away from me fast enough. "I can't be seen in public with someone like you" Yes, she actually said that. I didn't even see her to the door.

It must have been the horns and spiked tail.
😉

@bigpawbullets It certainly wasn't my throbbing penis. I don't think we could have gotten to that without me presenting a Certificate of Baptism.

@blumandolin, someone once suggested that when I had the hots for a crazy Christian woman. First, there is no way I am pretending to be a believer under any circumstances. Second, she was off the wall even for a Christian and far Right in her politics. We would have had nothing to talk about after sex. And I like to talk and cuddle.

@blumandolin No way. Then she would be emotionally involved and feel compelled to convert me. No thanks.

@Humanistheathen What was so bizarre is that she did not think that her declaration was an insult. What could be more insulting?. I didn't mind, I was just glad that I wasn't going to invest any more time with her.

Of course, because of her fine Christian morals, she got an expensive meal out of you before she dropped the deal-breaker. It sounds like you were not going to answer sufficiently either way. #STEALINGFORCHRIST

@GuyKeith

Love your sense of humor! One of the reasons I have a crush on you.

If you are the sort of man who picks up women for hook ups, you are as bad, or worse than the Trumpites. I would never date someone like you.

@jc2018 I'm just assuming from her behavior and words before she found out I was a heathen. She said that "she was physically attracted to me" But, that was before she knew I was a non-believer. Religion is the great divider.

1. He sounds like a jerk, no question. Guys like him are the reason I keep moving more to the left. 2. How is it that he supports Planned Parenthood AND Trump?

So Trump supporters are so stupid they can't even read no Trump supporters?

Or they just naturally thought you were lying because isn't that is what Trump does all the time?

You have a lot of patience. ?

How I envision our conversation:
Me: You're a beautiful woman but I really hate hiking."
You: Click.

@Secretguy

Hilarious! Thanks for the compliment and laugh.

@Secretguy Good. That leaves more hiking wummins for the rest of us.

Better to find out first. Saves time and grief.

I absolutely read the profile before even saying "hi" online. And I look through their "enjoys" and read some of their posts and comments. I saw someone here today who lives really close to me and I thought "Wow! That's great!" then I read some of his post comments and realized we are not compatible.

@carlyhorton

Good sleuthing, Sherlock!

@LiterateHiker Yeah, he was really pretty gross!

I've encountered one guy like this. I said the same as you. He kept on and on. When I asked him something, he ignored my question and kept going. I blocked him... He's probably still wondering why....

Me; "Where are you at? Answer: Gahana, Me; Goodbye.

Question... if he's a supporter of planned parenthood why is he a trump supporter?

@StrongHappySilly

I don't know why he's a Trump and Planned Parenthood supporter.

He's a trump supporter he doesn't know any better.

Trump's not anti-choice: He's just promised to help the wingnuts to keep is humongous ass out of jail.

@kayakwoman true. In his heart he's not anti-choice, but he really doesn't stand for anything. But he knows his base is anti-choice and he promised on his campaign to appoint judges that will overturn rvw. Keeping his fat ass out of jail is a separate issue... that's also on his agenda. The person that personifies both? Brett "sexual assault" kavanagh. As a bonus he's treated women as objects just as trump has.

Ha.
Yeah I require some bio info to see whether I think we would be compatible

Typical superficial conservative. Probably saw the picture and nothing else.

Hell I wouldn't want to talk with one either.

A lot of people don't read profiles. I recently did an experiment on this on Tinder. I purchased tickets to a screening of "Grease 2" and I wrote in my profile that I was looking for a date for that. That's all I wrote. Nothing about anything else, but that I was looking for a fan of the movie to go with me. My responses? Some women match and told me they liked "Grease 1" way more. Some women admitted to never having seen the film. Some women didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked if they were interested. But very few of them read my profile. I was shocked because I'm always hearing that men don't read. Turns out. No one does.

Grease was definitely better.... 😀

None of them read. I'm so sick of it. Even when I tell a man the truth about something important, like, my atheism or liberal politics, they don't hear me. It's not until weeks later that they are suddenly shocked to find out I'm me, not the incarnation of the imaginary woman in their head.

I've had some 5 minute relationships, too. Just nuts. That's why profiles are good: You can maybe narrow the possibilities to the attributes that matter to you.

@kayakwoman

Exactly.

I really don't get guys who approach women without at least having read their profile. What the f--k do they know about her if they haven't bothered to find out the minimum they can before making contact? It's soooo lazy and stupid!

LH, if I was going to hit on you, I would be considerate enough to pretend to be interested in you as a person. It's the least a gentleman can do. 😉

@Sgt_Spanky

Many men just look at my pictures and don't bother reading my profile. They see online dating as a candy store.

"If I was going to hit on you, I would be considerate enough to pretend to be interested in you as a person. It's the least a gentleman can do."

What a gentleman! Love your sense of humor.

What a guy. Don't worry, Spanky: I have it on good authority that no women have ever pretended with you.

@kayakwoman I'm sure they have...just not about finding me interesting.

Good grief

UUNJ Level 8 Oct 5, 2018

Sometimes the trash takes itself out. 🙂

Deb57 Level 8 Feb 24, 2019

Poor person. Some people don't know any better. I've been an extreme leftist and women rights activist for twenty . Ever since my wife passed away, she was the feminist of them all, I have gradually moved into common-sense politics, something that I believe will work, centrist. What do you think about centrism?

@RobertMcGarity

This is about values. Republican Party positions are the polar opposite of mine.

I believe in:

Protecting the environment, including clean air and water, addressing climate change, and protecting the rights of voters, immigrants, minorities, gays, women, children and disabled people. Equal pay.

I support safe, clean housing for poor and homeless people, education and health care for all. Working to stop gun violence in America. Women's rights to control our bodies and reproductive health. I'm anti-war, a peace activist.

@LiterateHiker I'm the opposite of Republicans. My grown children are liberals and my son is a professor at a major university. I am surrender by liberals and I'm constantly taking on conservatives on Facebook. I'm trying for my arguments come from the middle so the extreme right will listen me. Coming from the extreme left they close their minds. I'm still loyal the left but sleeping with the enemy change their position. Didn't Nathen Hale try that too? Got him hung.

He’s an idiot.

How far sweet lady

Would someone PM @birdingnut and tell her I can't read her comment [whatever it might me], because she probably has me blocked. For whatever reason....I swear, I don't ever remember any interaction with her.

@GuyKeith

She must have you blocked. Which post are you concerned about?

@LiterateHiker It's the one about the woman who couldn't be seen in public with me because I'm an atheist. You still get notifications from the person who has blocked you, but when you try to find the comment or reply, it doesn't exist. The blocking here is horribly broken, but no one wants to do anything about it. See screenshot. Block a Moderator, and you can run amok.

Trump supporters don't read... You need to spoon feed them!

You avoided a landmine! Congrats!

Ouch!
As an ignorant Trump supporter, I must object!
I can, and do read. Albeit at maybe, the 6th grade level, and usually just the topic sentence or the summary paragraph.
😉

I apologize for my reply a few posts up. I meant no disrespect.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:194132
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.