Agnostic.com

39 2

Why is it that the fraudulent Church of Scientology still exists?

Marine 8 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The same reason all the others ones do, some people still believe.

You mean there’s a real one?

Just as in politics, the money continues to flow.

You know, Charles Manson was a scientologist. I mean, any religion that would accept him......

I believe it’s the promise of wealth and success

For the money.

It is a ponzi scheme

Why is it that any mythology still exist?

Seemingly because rich gullible people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta believe in it. I gather that poor unsuccessful people are not encouraged to apply. Well, they wouldn't want me I guess. 😟

Money. Blackmailing its members.

I wish it didn't, but they have collected so much money that they are unstoppable. It's pretty sad..

I honestly don't get this. Religions where people grew up with it as the part of their cultural identity, I totally get, but not Scientology. It makes less sense then saying your vows in front of a fictional weirwood tree.

Because it is ran by rich people who have paid off other rich people who run everything else.

Because it's a swell racket!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:195621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.