Agnostic.com

18 12

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure where to categorize this post. I'm an artist from Madison, WI and I just joined this site. I wanted to share a video timelapse I created of my illustration process. I did this last year, and appropriately enough for this website, it's a portrait of one of my heroes, Christopher Hitchens. I've done a few timelapse portraits that captured more of the process, one of Stan Lee and one of Bernie Sanders.

My style is kind of psychedelic linework and maze-like shading, while still attempting to maintain the likeness of the person (should I be doing a portrait, my main work is more fantasy/surreal imagery). I like to use the traditional method of a crowquill pen that I dip in ink.

Here's a link to the timelapse, hope you enjoy!

-Eli

Langsamlourd 4 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cool!

You are very talented

Thank ye sir!

That was so cool! I love your work! Welcome!

Thanks much 🙂

I'm sure he 'd love them,nice sketching.

I used to watch his videos and was always impressed by his oratory,I use to agree with what he says but funnily don't nowadays,but he has a rascally charm that is hard to dislike.

Thanks! Agree or disagree with his views, the man was charming for sure, and quite brilliant.

thas very good. I too am an artist

Thank you! That's very nice as well, is that pencil or watercolor or paint or otherwise?

Thank you! That's very nice as well, is that pencil or watercolor or paint or otherwise?

thank you its pencil. who is behind the cage?

WOW! Very nice....

Thank you! 🙂

Nice piece and an interesting technique.

Thanks much! 🙂

Wow! What talent. Glad to have you here. 🙂

Thank you! 🙂

Wow! That is amazing. I'm always in awe of artists...I have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler. Lol.

Welcome...

Thank you! 🙂 It takes a whooooole lot of practice...I started drawing when I was 3, and I'm 38 now, so I've been drawing a lot longer than I haven't been drawing!

I like the cartoon I attached, pretty funny

@Langsamlourd Practice plus a little talent? Tiny bit? ????

Sure, perhaps a bit! I was probably predisposed to become an artist, but the point was just that it's something that you work your ass off to become skilled at, it's not a fully-formed skill that comes out of nowhere. Like great guitarists who practiced 8+ hours a day, they didn't just pick up a guitar and start to shred!

BTW, I wasn't implying that what you said was anything like that cartoon, but it's funny regardless 🙂

Welcome fellow atheist cheesehead! I am in Beloit. This is a great place to make friends. Hope you stay awhile.

Hey man! Just joined today and am receiving a warm welcome so far, nice community!

Awesome man! I live in Appleton. Just moved here a month ago from California.

Great work!

Thanks very much! Appleton is nice, how are you digging the WINTER? 😉

@Langsamlourd I love it! I am a fat guy, so I have an internal coat lol. I was made for this

Wow, you are very good! You really captured his character.

Thanks much! I try to find some good reference for my portraits, and this one was great as it captured his piercing eyes and intense stare.

Welcome to the site 🙂

Thanks, I'm glad to be here! 🙂

That's amazing, you're very talented.

Thank you! 🙂

Welcome to our little site and may you find fun, joy, friendship and happiness in this little place.

Thanks, I hope so!

Amazing talent! Thank you!

No, thank YOU! 🙂

Welcome! Nice work!

Thanks much!

Madison, neat city and home to the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

Yes indeed, I love my hometown! FFRF is definitely a source of pride. Check out this memorial for atheist veterans:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.