Agnostic.com

125 12

Would you move for love?

If you met the perfect person for you on this site would you pack up your whole life to take a chance for love?yes or no ? No matter the distance?

Wchairgal 4 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

125 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i have stayed for love when otherwise tempted to move.

g

I have never been faced with the prospect, so it is hard to say.

nope

Yup! Definitely.

As is, I can't. Somewhere down the line, maybe. Now though, not in the cards. Life is too complicated right now for that to even begin to be a possibility, not that I don't want out of this state ASAP. Now if it was someone who was "The One" then once life became possible I would go for it, but only when it's viable of an option and the groundwork laid out.

I don't know, depends on the circumstances. At the moment, I can't.

I have and it worked out well for me... 18+ years later and no regrets!

I can't even if I wanted to.

We are mostly a virtual entity here. No body, no possessions, no personal life....only thoughts. How can someone become the perfect person when all we get is digital thoughts?

@josh_is_exciting my point exactly...wanna meet in person, go out do things, talk to people, get turn down and then pick up.... None of those things can happen here by just exchanging messages, which is basically the purpose of this site, to share and have conversation on ideas.

@ProudMary likely that's the case.....I usually respond too fast. There is always a risk to land at the wrong side of the fence. Anyhow, I see it now. Thx

Depends on where I would need to move to. It probably won't work out, so I don't want to get stuck somewhere I hated or didn't like.
Detroit? No way.

Yep

The only reason not to would be money.

No. With my luck I'd move and we'd be broken up in like a week. Then I'm stuck whereever...

That is exactly what happened to me. I moved 8 hours away where she was the only person I knew, and a week later, 'I think we should just be friends.'

@Holysocks That sucks! I thought driving 45 minutes was bad.

A “chance” for love? I’m all for taking risks for loved ones. If it ain’t already something, tread carefully. Perfect on a site can change quickly in person.

Marz Level 7 Oct 10, 2018

If the place is nice, I can find a job there and not be economically dependent, why not?

Can't afford it.

Yes

Not at this time. I take care of my ninth year old mom. If I left she would have no one.

I just built my dream house.... So I would not be up for this.

It is not likely to happen. My mortgage is less than $200 and that makes it special.

At one point I surely would, but now I would not. I own my house, and my elderly mother, and grandmother, are living in the same city, and it's up to me to help out.

Hordo Level 6 Oct 10, 2018

Yes of course. My kids still live in the area and my friends are here, but they can call me.
Of course, the destination has to be something we could agree on.
I'm holding out for a beach house in Fiji where I can fish in the surf. There will be a waiter who will carry a pitcher of Coconut Margaritas down to my spot every couple of hours.
Any takers?

Yup, im in this situation right now, but i have about nine months to think about it.

nine months is there a package arriving LOL just kidding you. Your age you can do just about anything you want. if it turns out wrong you have tone of time to readjust. Good luck with your life.

@benhmiller yes ... A little package... More like a bundle of joy... ? = ?

It's not wise for a woman to ever move to be with a man.
If things don't work out, she's already lost her former job, is out the moving costs, and could suddenly find herself broke and homeless, and having to depend on charity of friends and relatives to establish herself again someplace else, pay deposits, insurance, etc.

If a man wants to be with a lover, he can move near the woman.

You always have great advice.?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.