Agnostic.com

59 1

Why are you here

L will like to know the reason why you are here and how long you have been here and what exactly you looking for?

maxwell7711 4 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like cheese.

I saw an ad on Facebook and being a heathen thought I's take a look. I've been here since Feb this year and I'm looking for my cat 🙂

Initially to meet someone. Got that. Now I stay for the friends I've made here and to learn as much as I can while avoiding the negativity I see here.

I'm Maxwell 31 years old single looking for a serious Relationship hope to hear from you.

To win friends and influence people.

I joined in the hope of finding community.
I stay for the cookies.

Me too.
Was that "cookies" or "kookies"? Haven't found too many of the former, but the latter are plentiful. 🙂

Why am I here? I found out 3 Christmases ago at the dinner table when my mom was still alive.

My dad was a contractor for the US Government. He used to install electronic eavesdropping equipment on trawlers and such. It was February 1961 and he drove through a blizzard with the family and barely made it to a little motel in Bar Harbor, Maine. It was a cold and frigid night. All of their belongings were supposed to be shipped and make it to them. The one thing that didn't make it was the box with the contraceptives. So I was conceived on that night. Thankfully his next assignment was in Hawaii... Where I was born in November of the same year. I am the only one in the family without bronzed baby shoes! 😟

Got sick of FB.

I did too! Lol

time, and I'm looking for someone whom is like minded to start a new journey.

For the craic.

sorry, what is craic?

@Grecio, in Ireland, in this case, means, for the fun of it. If somebody asks you "what's the craic?" can mean "how are you?" or "what's the story?", depending on the context. When asked "where's the craic?" means "where's the party /fun"? Good attitude from you, asking, you ended up learning something from me. In other occasion, I might learn something from you. That's another reason I'm here, to have a good debate. There are people that will teach me something. Some, will have different points of view, that we might disagree but talk about it in a civilised manner. I might teach something to someone in the meantime.

@Paddypereira Thanks Paddy!!!! Seeing "Paddy" reminds me of the great movie PATRIOT GAMES. What a movie.

Mostly chuckles, less than a year and more chuckles.

If I find THE ONE, great but internet dating has always been an enormous wasted of time for me.

Not looking for anythi ng but friendship...

To talk to people who have interesting things to say and to learn about things from people who have different but logical views that I may not have considered.

Friendships...interests and maybe meet someone of interest

Hoped to meet someone.

I'm here for the interesting topics that come up, and I can pick and choose what posts to comment on, or create one of my own if I choose. I joined in March 2018, after breaking up with my boyfriend. He is a believer in psychic powers, reiki and all kinds of woo, while I'm a skeptic about those kinds of things. So I was looking for some sane discussions, and hopefully to find some friends geographically close to me.

Had originally hoped for some romantic possibilities, but I've decided I'm happy just interacting with members in general, not necessarily with the intention of dating.

If I was interested in dating, I do think that it's nice to get to know an interesting member's personality through their posts and comments. From that, one can gauge communication skills, interests, intelligence, humor, compassion, ingenuity and many other nuances not normally apparent on dating sites or meetups.

I'm here, because this only place where I can express my true self. Since, there is to many religious fools in the world. I don't believe the fairy tales and need to talk to people who feel the same way.

I m here meet someone nice and may be a serious relationship. by the way i m 34 from ireland 🙂

rajga Level 2 Oct 28, 2018

Why are any of us here? I mean, what's the point of it all? Is there a purpose or is it all just ...random?

Call me a square, but I actually believe that being a member of this website actually promotes agnosticism and is anti-religious. Of course, you have to believe that agnosticism is not a religion.

well my mom and dad had sex and out I came about 9 months latter. oh you mean on this list? probably been on here for around a year I think. Looking for sanity being able to discuss stuff with out some god or religion being infused in the conversation

Like most of my life I never know what I am looking for until I find it

For self expression, and self gradification.....and enjoy being with people that question the insanity of believing in mythical things.

Why not, long enough, not you....

Don't know
7 months
Don't know

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.