Agnostic.com

41 6

Would you be afraid to spend a few nights in the Amityville horror house?

Most of us non-believers don't believe in anything supernatural. Would it creep you out to spend the night in a "haunted house" such as the Amityville horror house?

So, would you spend the night...?

• 50 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 11 votes
silvereyes 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think so, anyway.

My wife and daughter love the ghost thing, so I've been on one ghost walk.

I remember someone showed a photo they'd taken that "looked like a woman's face."

I looked around and discovered the photo had a striking resemblance to one of the windows on a nearby church.

However, Santa Claus is REAL!

...if I could bring a .357 πŸ™‚ I’d warn β€˜the staff,’ cuz live humans would be my only concern..

Varn Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

Yes,I'm vary adventurous by nature.

I'd have no problem with it at all.

d_day Level 7 Feb 5, 2018

Well when I went to the Lizzie Borden House this summer there is the option of going back and staying overnight - but wasn't really tempted? I mean OLD beds.
Amityville? That movie scared the crap out of me. (I was way to young when I saw it). I don't think I could do it. Alone that is.
That being said - I used to work Security at night - and read H.P. Lovecraft. (was taking a class in horror classics). I remember the engineers coming in and being all "How are you reading that in a dark lonely building at night?". It just didn't phase me.
Now the huge black snake that hung out at the water cooling pond at Sweetheart Plastics? I beat a guy at least 4 inches taller than me back to the guard room after that! I'd just finished telling him how ducks and "allegedly" a large black snake hung out there and triggered the motion sensors. We both looked down and there is was. (Snake phobic).

I am more scared of the drivers in Miami, so I would stay and relax.

I don't beleive in any of that. If something were to happen and I see supernatural stuff I'm going to scream it from the roof tops. You will know s truth... not no bullcrap tv show.... there's going to be an awakening people will talk about for years. But you see my buddy James Randi already set me straight so it's all an illusion or glitch in my brain...lol

Yeah, any time I think I see something like that, I always pause, and try to figure out exactly what happened, what triggered the thought. Doing a lot of driving at night, and having powerful spotlights and flashlights has revealed everything I thought I saw to be something completely innocuous and normal. It's like, oh hey, that "person" I saw was just a tall weed, or that moving spirit was just the way a shadow moved as I came around the corner.

The only reason why it might seem creepy is because we would be going into it with the idea that it's haunted. So any little noise will get our attention and even if we don't believe in ghosts or spirits, it will be in the back of our head that it's the "Amityville House". It might create anxiety that otherwise wouldn't be there. It would be interesting to have people stay there under the premise that they won a free weekend at a Long Island getaway or something like that, and then record their reactions to how they liked it there.

No. Not Afraid.

I would stay the night. If you notice demons seem to leave people alone the first few nights of an occupation. Maybe rattling a few door knobs and flickering some lights. Until your kid becomes possessed you’re safe. Definitely bring a Chihuahua or a Pomeranian with you so the demon will have to work on getting the dog to shut the fuck up. The demon ultimately wants your soul but it won’t be able to concentrate because the dog ? won’t shut the fuck up.
I carry a duffel bag full of Chihuahuas everywhere I go. You can’t be too safe when it comes to the supernatural. (Satire)

What was the line in that "Ghostbusters" song?

"I ain't afraid of no ghost!"

I meant to vote sure. Why not? but I messed up and hit the wrong one. I would stay in any place they told me was haunted and actually if I ever look for a house I'd want a haunted one , what they call a haunted one, so I can get a discount LOL.

I meant to vote sure. Why not? but I messed up and hit the wrong one. I would stay in any place they told me was haunted and actually if I ever look for a house I'd want a haunted one , what they call a haunted one, so I can get a discount LOL.

Mystery why not ?

I havent ran across any ghots but I can't wait to meet them if they are real

With someone, but yes. My imagination is too strong when I'm by myself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.