Agnostic.com

89 13

How to reply when someone says 'have a blessed day'

Today like many days I been told have a blessed day by someone just being friendly. I'm not offended by it but a lot of times I want to say no thank you keep it to yourself or I don't need it but thanks. Any suggestions? Feel free to share any similar experiences

Uncledaddy999 4 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

89 comments (76 - 89)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Typically say Thank You. What bothers me more than anything is the audacity to assume that anyone is xristian Jewish Muslim or any other cult

SA210 Level 1 Aug 30, 2019

To me, if I were to react and "educate" them on my beliefs, I'd be a hypocrite because I'd be not much different than a religious person trying to convert me and save my soul. Take it at face value as a simple, kind gesture and simply say thank you in return.

Be real!

I've replied: Why thank you. Had you not said that my day would've otherwise been crappy.

"What did the five fingers say to the face?"

I guess we could move out west somewhere where there are fewer churches, LOL

Consider being thankful that they aren't suggesting unilateral coitus. nice, polite well meant wishes are rare in what our world is becoming. Neitzche: "Whatever is done out of love takes place beyond good and evil."

Who the hell is anyone to tell someone to have a blessed day. blessed by whom?

My sentiments exactly

I say thanks a lot

By getting on with your life ?

"Have a shitty day" lol

I usually say thanks and move on. If someone is being nice the words they choose to say essentially mean the same as "have a nice day". Its just that individuals way of conveying a nice thing. The world needs more nice things.

It doesn’t bother me at all, but then I’m not really a legitimate atheist.

Maybe the person just wants to convey warm wishes. No need to hurt their feelings.

Have a blessed day doesn't bother me, I'll catch myself saying, bless you, when someone sneezes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:206995
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.