Agnostic.com

107 5

Being Completely Honest, Is There A Bible Or Cross Anywhere In Your Home Right Now?

For those of you who didn't know, I have only been Agnostic for 2.5 years now. I guess I am still in a transition from Christianity.

I will be completely honest when I say that I do have one bible still in my home that I have had for years as part of my décor in my living room. Of course it is here merely as a decorative accent but I have now bagged it for garbage.

Please tell me if you have these things still in your home.
No need to be shy or embarrassed unless you are still doing sunday mass and paying Tithe......lol

• 68 votes
  • 76 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 4 votes
twshield 8 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

107 comments (101 - 107)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No reason why you shouldn't have any religious symbols in your home. Its no one's business but yours. No need to justify anything.

In fact, discarding your religious symbols or religious connections because of your new ideology is no different to being told you must dispose of any paraphernalia related to meditation books etc. by a fundamentalist Christian sect. Try not to let agnosticism have a cult-like effect on you because you can shut the door on all sorts of interesting ideas.

Have 150 year old family bible kept as a family ikon

I have both the RSV and NIV versions of the bible. I also have the papers I had to write in 3 of the five religion classes I had at the Lutheran college I got my first degree at.

Yes, I have and have read the Bible, the Quran, the "Communist Manifesto", "Das Kapital", Immanuel Kan'ts "Critique of Pure Reason", books on Buddhism, Aristotle's writings, Plato's writings, Ayn Rand's "Virtue of Selfishness" (and everything else she wrote), and many other books on life and philosophy. I am not ashamed or embarrassed about having any of them.

The one time l read it l found it repeated so much l felt bored, l will find one and try again.

My first three years of education were in a catholic school. I did all the rituals.I still have a small book and rosary in a plastic pouch circa 1957. I keep it for historic purposes. It is stored with my Elvis 45rpm records that the nuns and priest said that if I was listening to him I was sinning.

Two bibles, An old family KJ one and a new english version.also a translation of the Koran on Kindle.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.