Agnostic.com

33 4

Purpose

What brings you a sense of purpose/meaning?

#Fun
Kelkat 5 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know anymore. I feel like I have no sense of purpose currently. I have always had goals and still do but my current goals are vague and I feel a sense of dissatisfaction with my life.

I applied to help with an anti-poverty group on Friday despite not being able to attend their orientation due to work. Hopefully we can work something out since the way this group runs is in my wheelhouse.

The grandkids Im helping to raise are becoming older and need less attention, I had few friends but have had to give up on them due to racist bullshit and I realize that I am likely depressed and lonely so do not want to make any life changes until I come out of it.

To circle back to original question, I need to stop spending all my time online or watching tv from my bedroom and do something fulfilling.

Hope you can find something. Looked up where you are. You are not too far from Orlando. Maybe check out some non-believer or anti-racist groups on Meetup? What you describe sounds like something I know very well: when your own inertia keeps you from living how you want. If you have decent health insurance you could check out a therapist? Take care.

Good honest answer Sherry: Seems like purpose, like all of life has its Ebbs and Flows. If you have a vagueness or detachment now, that's understandable. Just be open to what you discover, what comes your way, etc. But yes, TV is a soul killer. Make that change first....fill that time with some effort at discovery perhaps?

I have always involved myself in projects for my purpose. As I get older these kinds of projects are becoming harder to find

@kmdskit3 Orlando is 3 hours away. Ironically I lived in Orlando and Kissimmee for years even though I had no close friends and little family I think I was less dissatisfied because there was always something to do. I live in a town where there is nothing going on which added to my schedule of being in bed before dark so I can get up at 3am has just sucked.

Hugs

My view is actually kind of dark, even though I'm not really dark in my life. I don't think there really is a purpose or meaning to anything in the universal sense. We all have our own individual meaning or purpose in our lives, but if life was extinguished on this rock, I doubt it would affect the rest of the universe in the least bit.

Wreaking as much havoc as humanly possible. Mayhem is my little brother.

Waking up every morning with a schedule clear to do nothing and go back to sleep knowing if I am needed they will knock real hard on my door because they know I am alive and available.

To sing my songs and reach out to the audience.

I like to fix things up so the person following me will have a better place.

Family...I have 3 grown children, and 2 grandchildren. They are my top priority in my life. I would give my all for them.

not a lot

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.