Agnostic.com

22 19

Mean Message from a Trump Supporter

"If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW," I wrote in my dating profile.

Today I received this message:

"I'll hit the back button but not before I say "Make America Great Again!!" Obviously you're part of the problem, not the solution. Retarded Liberal."

His message was mean-spirited and attacking: typical of a Trump supporter.

It's funny that he called me retarded. I have a Master's degree. He dropped out of high school and lives in rural Montana. No surprise.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your best bet is just not to waste any more time or effort on this even though your instinct is to rebut every word...he is no one you need to get approval from in any form because you are an intelligent and decent person, period. Use your words on those of us who care, like me! πŸ™‚

Agreed. β€œHe” is only someone that wants to get under her skin. She needs to deny him that acknowledgment.

@Santanaman9 We often let the opinions of strangers and people we have no relationship with consume our time and energy when we should be using it for those who mean something to us or could benefit. I have learned to ignore the bullshit of others.

@thinktwice

Thank you for your kind message. I appreciate you. Hugs.

He sounds charming - you mean you aren't smitten ? (barf)

@evergreen

Very funny!

@Bendog

You know I love you for your great sense of humor.

He sounds like a snowflake. Falls apart easily and quickly returns to nothingness

@chalupacabre

Very funny! I wish they would dissolve into nothingness.

WTF...hope you blocked his dumb ass..

@Charlene

Yes, I blocked him immediately. Did not reply because trolls thrive on negative feedback.

@LiterateHiker good on ya..

He's probably just in a bad mood because the sheep aren't putting out........

Ive heard republicans are having trouble getting dates. Lol

You have always come across as a real lady, and I mean that in the best possible way. He is just pissed off because he will never be with someone like you.

@Sticks48

Thank you!

@LiterateHiker You're very welcome.

Agreed.

As my mom used to say... "What can you expect from a pig but a grunt?"

Isn't "mean message" and "Trump supporter" pretty much redundant?

Typical rhetoric from someone who is still eating the bullshit. Laugh it off. His kind is the evolutionary fodder that will allow the rest of us to move forward.

I heard somewhere that arguing with a trump supporter is like arguing with a peogen. No matter how persuasive and logical you are, the peogen will just strut around, with its chest puffed out marking unintelligible sounds and shiting on everything.

@Jay1313132018

Did you mean "pigeon"?

@LiterateHiker Oops my bad. I stand corrected.

Make America Great Again is shorthand for Take Us Back To The Dark Ages. Crappy education, religious instruction over science, overt racism, constant rudeness and the policies that created the Great Depression and government graft of the 1920's. If he actually had no grammar mistakes and all was spelled right, you were dealing with a better educated MAGA fan!

A good many of his supporters don’t value education, different opinions, differences between them and other, change or much of anything they don’t understand. They are victims of their own ignorance. There is no fixing them.

Unfortunately.

It’s a shame we cannot send them from whence they came. And, even if we could, I doubt they would be accepted there either.

During his campaign, he repeatedly said, "I love the poorly educated." They continue to love him right back.

So he signed off as "Retarded Liberal"?
He was doing great till about the half-way point.

@Gareth

"Retarded Liberal" was aimed at me.

Like 99.99% of men who send me messages, he did not have the courtesy of signing off with his first name. I always do. It is more personable and friendly. Kathleen

@LiterateHiker I have been know to joke. Your statistic implies that you have been messaged by at least ten thousand men. That's good going - don't complain. πŸ™‚

Ugh. I also suspect that it's a male thing. Ever since I joined (is that the right term, "joined". Feels more like "stumbled into out of balance," ) I am beginning to learn more about the general male resentment toward women. And I represent sex offenders. In my line of work, this is called "hostility toward women," and identified as one of the "dynamic risk factors."

I am learning that this is far more generalized in the "normal" population.....

Unfortunately I will agree with that assesment. Men who do not display this behaviour are worth their weight in gold and few and far between. I feel really lucky that one found me and likes me?

I don't know what men have to be so pissed about...they run the damn world, make more money than most of us women, and just generally have an easier time. Gee, my heart aches for them.

It’s not just your educational credentials. It’s your ability to think critically, to question the status quo, to see all beings, human and natural, as sacred and worthy of dignity.

Surprising he didn’t use the Rush Limbaugh classic, β€œlibtard.” I get that a lot on Facebook.

Block him... I'm to the point that I i won't talk to them anymore...

@Buddha

Immediately I blocked him and did not reply. Trolls thrive on negative attention.

If a person can go on the aggressive with someone like you lady, then they're just an aresehole and it's too bad they got to darken your day like that.

As they say here in Texas: 'Bless his heart"

All irony is completely optional.

Sounds like you totally dodged a bullet there. Congrats!

Funny (not) how so many tRumpites display such profound levels of the Dunning Kruger effect.

@NoMagicCookie

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is.:"

Instead what I see in Trump supporters is deliberate ignorance. They only watch Faux News and ignore reputable news sources.

@LiterateHiker Asserting cognitive superiority on a subject as a result of intentional (or lacking the ability to process information) i.e. a disregard for facts and logic and intentionally asserting a confident position of knowledge places them in (even if by choice) in a position of the "illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is" as they are displaying an defecate in (cognition): their ability of "the mental action or process of

acquiring knowledge

and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses."

@NoMagicCookie

Good point. I noticed this in a Trump supporter in his 70's. He believed quotas in college admissions discriminate against white people in favor of blacks and Hispanics. His "facts" are outdated and incorrect.

I told him the use of quotas in college admissions ended in the late 1970s, and cited the Baake decision:

In Regents of University of California v. Bakke of 1978, the Supreme Court ruled that a university's use of racial "quotas" in its admissions process was unconstitutional, but a school's use of "affirmative action" to accept more minority applicants was constitutional in some circumstances.

Yes, you can't fix stupid. I honestly don't know how I am going to feel tomorrow if the GOP doesn't lose at least one of either the House or Senate. If they retain control, I think we are in for a world of hurt and I also will have given up on my fellow Americans.

This is a historical study waiting to be tapped, How did such a great nation allow itself to approve ignorance and then wish to base it's laws upon that ignorance. And yes the words they use are directly from the see saw.

EMC2 Level 8 Nov 5, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:216237
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.