Agnostic.com

57 13

To sext or not to sext?

I've noticed a lot of older people "40+" are wanting me to sext them. I find this odd for many reasons. 1, I don't like to text and 2 when I do talk-to-text it always comes out something completely different. There's also the fact that I live by myself and I have a vehicle so it would seem that if I wanted to have sex with someone I would drive to their house or they could come to mine. I guess I wouldn't mind phone sex but even that isn't that appealing to me. What do you think about sexting?

#sex
SonderOpia 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I personally enjoy sexting. It’s not something I do with just anyone, but if I’m seeing someone it’s just another way to go next level flirting. For me it intensifies the anticipation for when we do finally get to see each other, plus it can make you walk around with a silly grin on your face. πŸ™‚

Anything electronic can go on the World Wide Web.

Leaving some things to the imagination can be quite alluring on it's own.

ags2 Level 5 Feb 7, 2018

Only works if you have memories of the real thing with that person in your head, otherwise it's up there with dick pics.

Kimba Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

Lol about sums it up

I agree.

I try to leave no evidence behind that would incriminate me, and there is that measure of trust and I want more than just sexting. The real thing or no thing.

I like sex. I like texting at times. But if I’m going to have sex, then I’m going too have sex. I’m not going to text about it.

Being over 40, I can't get into the sexting thing...seems too weird maybe this dog is too old to learn or feel comfortable with semi new trick

Do what you are comfortable with. Sexting can be fun, but I always find it works best for me when it is based on love, rather than just lust

rather than just what?

Sexting naked photos is not a great idea, for all the reasons mentioned. IMHO, that's just being lazy!

Words are where it's at!

A picture is worth a 1000 words, but you don't get to choose the words! I choose the words and let the picture form on it's own.

Just have to be careful about who you talk to, don't want to sext mom, your boss, etc. Words or otherwise.

That it's lame.

I guess I'll add my comment to the 50+ already here. Do whatever you wanna do. For me: text is different than pictures. I might consider sexting words only but I wouldn't trust the internet with sexted pictures of me. I would think that even more dangerous for a woman. As Dan Savage says: "The Internet is forever."

I'd call it exploitative foreplay. You get to know what the other person is into before you get into eachother.

I just ask them while we are having real sex.

I'm with you, SonderOpia. It doesn't appeal to me.

What ! Never heard of it...

I have no desire to sext with strangers. I've done it a bit with partners I had already met and established chemistry with. But if I want someone to see me naked, it's certainly gong to be in person.

I have sexted before, however, it was someone I love and trust. I wouldn't be sexting all willy nilly. Too much could go wrong!

i like you. you seem like the rare smart girl

Like @witchymom, if it s with someone I am intimate with, maybe fine, I have been sent raunchy pics by email and the occasional horny thought by text, but generally, would rather see them that afternoon for a few hours than sexting.

I'm 60, well, for the rest of this month.I have sexted with several guys. Hell, I take pics on a regular basis for a couple of gentleman friends. I'm a grown up and if I want to send pics I will.

I'm not really talking about the picture part I'm talking more about the dirty talk or in this case dirty texting. I just don't see the appeal.

@SonderOpia And that's your choice!

I guess it's fun, but wow the risks involved. The image could get intercepted, or shared with someone you don't trust, or used against you later if the relationship sours. I've never done it and I have a hard time imagining that I ever would.

Drive to theirs or them drive to yours? That's so last century. People don't want to drive into town to rent a VHS tape. They want to press three buttons, and be watching the film on Netflix.

Modern technology has fuelled the expectation of instant gratification. And someone who wants you to sext just wants to get their rocks off there and then, without going to the effort of having a shower, and without going to the effort of driving somewhere, or tidying their bedroom.

I'll sometimes sext when I'm in the mood. They're using me, but I'm using them right back. Happy days. When I'm not in the mood, I won't entertain it, unless I think it's headed towards something real (and I'm becoming increasingly cynical about that.) It's surprising how shirty some of them get when you won't reciprocate their current level of excitement.

if you're too lazy to shower and have real sex then you should be sexting. i don't want to be with someone that's that lazy personally.

I don't text at all - so anything more elaborate than that is out.

I'm not a fan of texting either, I still enjoy talking are hanging out in person.

It's not really my thing but I've done it from time to time. I think for some people it's a safe and exciting measuring stick for what the real thing with you is like. I'm usually not at all excited by it but I enjoy making women excited so I'm happy to oblige.

If you have had enjoyable sex with someone and they feel the same I think sexting or phone sex with them would be a great prelude to the next wonderful encounter.

It can leave you lonelier than before you started. I had a temporary freindship like that and after a while I honeslty felt it was keeping me from meeting real and beautiful people around me. πŸ™‚
this social media thingy has a dark side. people are mostly not real online. it their fantasies and pretends' that are what their best foot/ or resume forward is.I prefer the energy of real people. human beings need to cherish being human now more than ever with AI here and now....other wise we will all end up playing with robots and the huamn race will slowly cease..lol..other than that..trying to detox from facebook.

No sexting for me, ever, camera shy.

Personally, I've never wanted to sext anyone. I don't like texting that much, it's just a good way to meet people. I Believe being with each other and developing a relationship before anything else happens is the best way to anything substantial.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.