Agnostic.com

8 1

Researching the jesus myth...

Good morning fellow heathens! I'm into history and like to research ancient origins. I've always felt jesus was much like Robin Hood; that the figure was actually a conglomeration of several different characters. Does anyone have any suggestions on good sources I can read? Books, internet articles, whatever.
Thanks!

Freespirit64 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just read a little of Richard Carrier and he does miss an historical point, in that " something " happened at that time. We cannot say for sure what but something. The reasoning behind this is that the ripples have continued to expand

I should mention that Aron Ra does a really good job of explaining why he believes that Jesus was just a compilation of several messianic figures.

Christ in Egypt ~ D.M. Murdoch

Dr. Hector Avalos has a few things where he states he is an agnostic on the Biblical Jesus.

Richard Carrier is the only researcher to go after real evidence on the historicity of Jesus that I know of.

Richard Carrier's On The History of Jesus is good. David Fitzgerald's Jesus Mything in Action is good too.

www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

skado Level 9 Feb 7, 2018

Barbara Walker's "Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets" has a lot of information about the rites of ancient kingship, resurrection myths, crucified and resurrected savior figures, and excellent reasons why the queen of heaven was named Mary and her mother was Anne. The motifs and archetypes turn to be much older than Xianty, and it all makes for very good reading. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.