Agnostic.com

15 8

QUESTION Research suggests atheism will defeat religion by 2038 — myscienceacademy.org

More good news for your reading pleasure.

Akfishlady 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think this is as likely as the return of Jesus on Muhammad's winged horse.
We are basically an irrational species. If it disappeared by whatever means, it would be reinvented. Linear, sequential reasoning is the exception and not the rule in human behavior. It is irrational to even believe in such a scenario as I see it.

Post of the day ! THANKS ! 👍👍

Dougy Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

OMG, that would be awesome, but it is so far away!

More believers who have an open mind about Atheism slowly lose faith in faiths. ...believers obsessed with polluting our clean brains with religious filth do go away indignant and might wonder why they fail so miserably. ...doubt is the start of wisdom

why not an hour into 2039? who the fuck comes up with these figures?

lol

Let's hope that prediction is correct.

That seems awfully optimistic, way too soon given how much work and headway still needs to be done. Certain parts of the world are getting along better than others, bit others still have a loooong way to go.

I would absolutely love to see religion die out in my time, but I can easily see another century before the real world wide ompact is felt.

Username checks out 😉

I better start taking care of myself so I can live long enough to see it

defeat?

@Akfishlady understood. havent read the article but that just sounded odd

Yes and the same logic says that there will be an equal number of female serial killers by 2042 but of course they won't be paid the same 😉

lol

I would love for that to happen, but I don’t think it will happen that soon.

I agree. I don't think I will be alive to witness it.

So our current political travesty is the death throes of religion?
god I hope so LOL

I doubt that A-theism will "defeat" religion ever. It is my hope that A-theism will just overpower religion and become the dominant social force on this planet. (IMHO)

Not in Africa or Middle East. People in these regions are miles away from civilisation.

@Akfishlady yes

Imagine that John Lennon.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21870
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.