Agnostic.com

12 0

How can a christian believe in jesus and all the miracles and still understand that Zeus, Thor, and Horus which are now considered mythology was once religions?

NewAgeHulk 4 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cognitive dissonance. Or just too stupid to listen to fact.

This is never not funny.

We call it cognitive dissonance.

At least the Greek gods didn't pretend not to be assholes.
Hell, look at Zeus. He would literally fuck anything that walks.
I try to maintain faith in humanity that one day, Christianity along with the Abrahamic religions will fall straight into the myth category and be accepted as such.

They do not delve into those myth works...my granddaughter would not allow her children to read Harry Potter, because they promoted magic!

Sad that she lives in so much fear she's intimidated by Harry Potter. If I HAD to choose a mythology I would certainly choose Harry Potter over any of the Abrahamic fairy tales.

@Druthewriter it is heartbreaking, really! When we limit ourselves, because the 'church'...said so!

ALL religions are largely mythology.

@icolan I am not sure I would agree. All religions quickly develop a surrounding and justifying body of lore and dogma. From the very beginning, many of those are stories which have only a slight resemblance to reality, if any. In other words, they were myths when they were manufactured.

Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.

Prefuckingcisely!

They haven't done their homework. We're informed Atheists. They're (most of them) incompletely informed christians, and they don't really want to know what we know.

Logic and reason have no affect on a delusional brain.

if we knew we would get the noble prize, "there's nowt queer as folks"

People raised in a particular religion usually accept what their parents and peers believe because they have limited experience.
But when they get old enough to realize that Santa Claus is only a story, some start questioning their religious training as well.
But most people stuff down their doubts until they leave for college, to avoid conflicts at home.

As Ricky Gervais pointed out to Steven Colbert, Christians are atheists about thousands of other gods, but they only believe in one more god than we do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.