Agnostic.com

26 50

I really like this come back.

Dida 7 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you know it wouldn't end there though. the next line I bet would start with" there is only one true God "

yep, that's me: devoid of delusion ... or illusion, for that matter 🙂

Exactly right, there is only one true religion. Yours. (lol).

There is only one true god. Hey, is there only one true Scotsman?

It’s a good come back but he’s assuming he doesn’t believe in other gods for the same reason. Perhaps he’s psychotic and the other gods just don’t talk with him.

PERFECT reply.

Perfect.

Lololololololololol

Sadly people are still thick and won't let the basic logical premise sink in. I remember bringing up Scientology and Mormonism as prime examples of how religions are massive con jobs...and yet they shirked it off as some exception...what?

Thinking for oneself is scary. I still miss thinking God is watching over me.

@Cynical-lion Yep, Mormonism was what finally convinced me that it's all just a bunch of hookie...

That's cute, thanks for sharing 🙂

Very good!!

Might have to borrow this answer from time to time

That's a good come back. I like it and will probably use it. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 9, 2018

I heard someone say once that Christians are almost atheists. If they would just get rid of believing their one god, they too would be atheists.

@Dida Exactly!

I was forced to attend religion classes in prep school. Monotheism was considered a large step forward.

I can see myself using that one in the future. LOL

Watch Butterflies, Bees and Squirrels. Listen to the Birds sing and cheep and the deer meander thru a field at sunset, and the coyote howl and the owl hoot. Church attendance not required and the singing of hymns will be orchestrated by above.

I like the way you think, it’s so peaceful to go out in the woods and just sit and listen to nature...

A good one.

yes

I like it, it opens the door for discussion. With that said I would then return the question "Why do you believe", most people have not given that enough thought.

Sorry, I tried that a few times, and it always set them off on a long, bloviating, and boring monologue about the wonders and salvation of religion.

@marga You are correct, however there are ways to direct the conversation inward on how they came to those beliefs. look up street epistemology.

@fearlas That's assuming I would want to do that, lol.

yeah ... I like it !

I walk in doors. ...doors exist. ...no need to hold door beliefs. ...gawd gott gods IN = non sequitur

Well alrighty...

excellent.

I totally believe in God. I call him "Brad Pitt..."

I think I've said that over and over during my life. I remember when I was in junior high and we were studying Greek mythology with all the gods and I asked the teacher if those gods still existed and she said......only if people believe they do. That summed it all up.

Being an atheist comes with grip into reality

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22347
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.