Agnostic.com

44 4

Do you think abortions should be illegal?

[patheos.com]

Just a study I come across about the groups of people that supports abortions and wanting to think kw your thoughts on it.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Almost all religions have something like 'be fruitful and multipy'. Back in tribal days (not so sure we have evolved much beyond that) when women and babies died in childbirth, it was important for the survival of the tribe. Hence the rule. But over 7 billion people? We need less people, not more. As to the Christian movement against abortion -- as a group they are more about controlling everyone according to the rules they fail to live up to -- so they want to push their beliefs on everyone. A woman's body belongs to herself, not to a bunch of war mongering fools.

I think our laws should be based on scientific and medical reality not on superstitious nonsense.

JimG Level 8 June 4, 2018

I support the right for a woman to choose what she wants to do. That being said, if I was a woman it wouldn't be my preference. But that's it. A preference. I wouldn't tell other women they couldn't.

What difference would my view make ?
There's nothing that I could do about it either way.
Women will do what they need to do.

You vote, don't you? It's more about whether you think old white religious men should be telling you what you can and cannot do. You can vote for or against that. That's the difference your view makes.

Legal

Of course not, and more people should have them.

IMO there are many people who should be retrospectively aborted. Topping the list are politicians, priests, most police and the military

they shouldn't happen these days but they should be allowed. there are way too many humans on earth already without adding unwanted ones to the list.

Imagine how many fewer abortions would take place if the same people who were against them also supported preventing them!

No. I think it's a difficult and often heart wrenching choice that should be left only to those needing to make that choice for themselves, not for religion or the government to decide upon. No one else knows the complete reality of the situation or the needs of those involved. No one else should.

AmyLF Level 7 June 28, 2018

No, I think they should be plentiful and free, like Halloween candy.

Legal, safe, and as rare as possible. And this is coming from a man who probably should have been aborted under the circumstances of his birth

I do not think any woman should be forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

I agree with you. Of course, I wasn't exactly in a position to argue at the time.

It's proven that when women don't have legal access to abortion they still happen. So no - no bans on it. However I worked where I referred people to abortion clinics (if they so desired as we presented all options) and I really hated the one time I referred a woman to an out of state clinic because she was 4 months along before she even checked if she was pregnant for the fourth time and her fourth abortion. She needed her tubes tying because that's just nuts! - Did I want her to have that baby? No. Did I think I was doing something wrong? Yes. (I was pregnant to the fifth month and miscarried - I don't know how you can be that willfully ignorant.). In rape or incest etc... yes I'd be pro post 1st trimester abortion.

We kill. It is human to also murder. Abortion is murder. Sometimes the murder is beneficial. When murder is a matter of convenience? It is by every measure evil.

Do you murder cancer? Do you murder thieves? It’s not murder when you defend yourself, be it your life, your values, your sphere of wealth/profession/dreams— or do you think every time you have sex as a man you just killed a future or opportunity?

Says the man who will never be faced with an unwanted, unintended, or unsafe pregnancy. I'm not even going to start on the word "convenience".

Cancer does not qualify as a human life. And thank you, KGator. This is the man that cannot have children. You prick.

No. Simple.

It isn't legal?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.