Agnostic.com

11 1

Stupid question time: My washing machine turns everything other-side-to. Someone says this is by design. Is that possible? Can they make an agitator that turns clothes inside out???!!

Dick_Martin 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a conspiracy, man!!!!

I think your washer is posessed!! Run!!!!

I usually purposely wash things inside out, preserves logos on t-shirts, for example......
However, if this is turning into a nasty human vs machine contest..........am I going to be able to sleep tonight? I mean, this is the weirdest thread on this site....HAS to be humorous, but apparently not? Disturbing!
So, I will fall back on my default position of snark + mock (S&M)

Hey, if washing machines can eat socks.....

Other side to? That's a new one to me. Inside out.

Anyway, no.

First, it appears I am wrong. Not an unusual state. I thought it was turning opposite side out. Apparently I am wrong. It just does inside out.

@Dick_Martin I could figure out what you meant, inside out seems clearer. The seams thing is plausible. Any printed t-shirts you are supposed to wash inside out as the printing lasts longer / fades less. I have a front load washer and dryer. 90% of the stuff finishes the same way it went in...

Gawd! Maybe this is some kind of secret thing that we should all immediately pretend we never noticed or thought about? Secret knowledge is a bitch, at least on TV

Gremlins man, Gremlins.

It is possible that currents generated by the agitator might cause that to happen on some items, but it is difficult to believe it would do so for everything. Each piece of apparel will respond differently to the currents produced by the agitator and so not all of them would be reversed. I can tell you this, it wouldn't be by design.

I have never heard of that, but if EVERYTHING is turned inside-out, EVERYTIME, then the only logical conclusion is that it is indeed designed that way. For what it's worth

If all of the things on Earth all survive and thrive with the temperatures provided because of the exact distance it is from the sun, then it must have been designed that way...
Sound familiar?

Stupid question: are you sure you are not partially turning things as you remove them? And then the agitator is simply finishing the job?

I was thinking that very same thing.

That is a legitimate question. I have been watching this for sometime. It doesn't happen if the machine is at all overloaded. When it does happen, it happens to pants, shirts,, & underwear. Not socks. Sometimes it does half... one leg, one sleeve... but whatever it does, it does the same fr the whole load. It is hard to believe this is a random thing.

@Dick_Martin recently, I noticed that one or two uniform shirts will have one arm inside out and practically wrapped around the neck.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.