Agnostic.com

18 2

Have you "cut the cord" or do you still have cable?

• 12 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 3 votes
towkneed 7 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Had satellite for free since 1995 and never paid a dime....until I got laid off and the free service went out the window. It was great while it lasted. Got to experience the technology development at the best place. Now I have settled for Xfinity streaming video with ROKU and I am pretty happy.

Cable, it comes with my deal.

Does anyone remember the one that started it all? "On TV" was the name, back in 1978. started before cable.

I had cable, cut the cord, went to landline, landline cut my cord because they refused to repair the damaged lines underground on my street which they've been refusing to repaire since 1998 despite numerous charges from the FCC and having the story reported on ABC news , went to satellite, cut the satellite which is still embedded on my roof,and went back to cable.

I have had a Roku since 2015. I turned off cable during the Iowa Primary. I live in Nebraska but very close to Iowa. I used to keep the TV on for noise mostly. I looked up and saw Ted Cruz in my living room. I turned the cable off the next day.

DirecTV, Hulu, Netflix, amazon prime... I’ve got it all

I cut the cord about 6 months ago. I have Netflix and Hulu.

Switched to a streaming service and hate it. I actually miss my DVR and am thinking about going back.

I don't watch much tv myself but I do enjoy Netflix. Internet though is imperative.

Satellite (DirecTV) is our only option where we live.

59 percent of U.S adults say cable connections are their primary means of watching TV. I can easily afford it so I have it .I like the ability to use the DVR and record most everything so I do not have to watch commercials.I have the phone internet ,and cable bundle

Here in the rural area where I live cable is not available. Everything I have is from satilite and is expensive.

We have satellite tv and DVR so almost never watch commercials and NEVER EVER watch corporate media. It is fairly expensive though. More than what friends and relatives pay for cable in higher populated areas.

Cut the cord a long while back. Got sick of paying more and more for worse and worse programming.

Zster Level 8 Nov 20, 2018

Cut the cord for TV service years ago. However, we do subscribe to our internet service via a cable. Mostly because our only other option is Centurylink, which has terrible customer service... that is even worse than the customer service of he cable company (Comcast).

I still have cable. The primary reason is that I live in LA County, I'm a Dodger baseball fan, and Spectrum cable is the only way to watch most of the games.

No cable. Most entertainment can be streamed on devices a lot of us have.

I scarcely watch TV at all any more. The only show I watch is Doctor Who and I get that via internet.

We don't have cable on the islands. Only Sat. and streaming. I use the streaming and the unbelievable DVD collection from our library. It is more than enough.

I've been captive in my wheelchair and spend most of my time at home. Makes no sense to cut the cord from a cost standpoint.

I cut the cord years ago but am surprised to still hear people talking about having cable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:227248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.