Agnostic.com

30 6

Living alone

How many people live alone and don't mind it
I'm so used to it now it's actually scary to think how I would cope if I ever lived with someone again

wavey48 4 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really like living alone. It goes far beyond "not minding it". I love having my own space and not having to consider anyone else but the dog. I spent a good deal of my life considering the feelings and concerns of others, usually with little reciprocation. I'm really good with my life, as it is. I have peace.

I lived alone before getting married.My entire life i never lived without a cat or a dog to keep me company.Having a pet makes a big difference

I totally agree to have a pet is a must

I totally prefer it, and enjoy my own company.

I can socialize when I'm in the mood, or invite a sleepover lover once in a awhile ( a too long while lately), or even have a whole bunch over for a party.

I can talk to myself ... and respond.

Then it's back to my peace and having my surroundings just how I want them ! All good.

My father and I share the house (my mother died years ago), and for the most part it works out. One day I'll have the place to myself, and that will be a sad change, but I can't imagine ever living with someone again after that.

I have been living aone for 15 years now. Love it. This winter my GS moved in tohelp me - I had several fractures and need help getting in and out of bed. We arfe kindred souls and Grateful lDead fan. We truly like each other.

Living alone is FANTASTIC!! I set my own agenda and live my life at the pace I set. When I want company I have no problem in inviting friends/love interests to my place or going over to spend time at there place. I am living the life of riley.

I hate it. I love falling asleep next to someone I love, waking up next to them, welcoming one another home, eating together, watching films together, when you both wake up in the night and have a conversation... all those things. Unfortunately, I think now I'm going to be alone forever.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

When I split with my ex my youngest daughter moved with me to an apartment. She lived with me through her senior year of HS and into her first year of college. Sometime in there she decided to move to her dad's. She did not handle it well, kinda snuck out on me after I signed a new lease. When that lease was up I moved to a smaller place, and then I moved to where I am now in 2012. I had a roommate for about 6 weeks, strange girl. Then I had a renter for almost a year and a half. He was a friend in a hard place, legally blind and homeless. He really wanted to be my boyfriend but I didn't feel that way. He found a girl friend and moved in with her. So I've lived here totally alone except for kitties since September 2015. I don't mind being alone except for when something breaks or I need another pair of hands. And my kids are not that far away.

God I wish I could live alone...or just with people who aren't inconsiderate slobs.

i will be soon. Once my divorce moves along this year, I will mostly live alone. I have 2 sons, 22 and 16. the 22 year old, who lives at home now, would always be welcome. the 16 year old we are working on logistics. Beyond that, I just want my dogs and cat and me!

And the occasional company of a cuddly lady!

not i . i love the torture of having to get along with a fellow human bean at close quarters

I don't know.

Part of me thinks that I never want to compromise on anything again because love is a lie.

The other part of me really wants to find someone to write with or make art with, drink coffee and smoke pot with, conspire with.

I have never lived alone.

Currently alone, equally happy sharing space with a partner. I’m not switching sides of the bed again. Still wondering how That happened. :-/

I am used to it too and don't want to live with anyone though I never say never. I would like a partner with her own house who is independent like me. I don't need one though.

It becomes comfortable living alone. We all have to make a lot of compromises in order to live with someone else that we do question if it's actually worth it. I think that with the right person then yes it is as the companionship and support you get that makes up for the independence but the longer we are alone the more difficult it is to give up that independence. Pets can help find companionship but unfortunately sometimes due to work or where you live they can't be the answer. Being comfortable with who we are is more than who we live with or not. If you're comfortable with who you are then it doesn't matter either way. What is important is that you don't crave a partner to feel fulfilled. That lays you open to being controlled and manipulated.

Living alone with somebody can be worse

I have no problem living alone. I have friends that I can visit and grown children. I have plenty of hobbies and like to travel.

I'm happy why screw it up. I am used to living alone and I've gotten so used to it, I am not sure how I would deal with someone else living with me.

I've by myself for 10 years and I love it! It would take a very special person to get me out of this comfort zone!

Yup. Same here.

I've lived alone since 2010, and yes, I love it.
I was single for a long stretch before, but since I had kids at home that doesn't count.

I won't say scare... but I am hard to live with... I have no clock... I don't watch tv... Love to mess with things at night... Retired, will annoy those going to work for a living. Like to brake camp and move. All I can say is... she got to be good and like me a lot or is not going to work. I have those horny spells that can last for weeks.

My youngest son lives with me, but he usually stays upstairs. It's really nice to be able to watch anything I want, sleep as late (or early) as I want, and eat what I want.

I wouldn't mind an occasional companion, however I want to keep control of my life. Unfortunately I seem to be attracted to dominant men who are more narcissistic than I care for.

There are advantages to living alone. Introducing a man into my life now would require a larger space and a lot of dopamine in the brain. It would be lovely to fall in love again and have someone to share my life with. But the chances are slim so I might as well just continue to enjoy living alone which isn't all that bad.

I like it....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22868
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.