Agnostic.com

19 0

What's your favourite Christmas movie ever?

What's your favourite Christmas movie ever? ...And why? How many times have you seen it etc.

DelT 3 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Home Alone

Gremlins!

The one and only "It's a wonderful life"

I love them Christmas-themed romantic-comedies like Love Actually (2003) and While You Were Sleeping (1995)... and Randy Edelman's music score/soundtrack in the latter is well worth a listen too 🙂

Miracle on 34th Street (1947) with Ed Gwenn, Maureen O'Hara, and introducing Natalie Wood

I love this movie because of the positive message AND there's not one mention of the religious BS. It's a classic, secular, wonderful holiday movie. I watch it multiple times each year

My 1.a. movie is A Christmas Story. I even have a desk size leg lamp, and the leg lights up. ?

Tough one between A Christmas Story and Elf

The Ref followed by Lampoons Christmas vacation.

Gremlins
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Nightmare Before Christmas
I couldn't do just one...sorry.

A Christmas Story, The Polar Express

I don't care for Christmas movies.

No disrespect, why respond to the question then? ?

@DelT My response provides a more thorough representation of the members of this community. As a result you can modify (or not, as you choose) your future posts to appeal to a larger audience.

Trading Places and Scrooged.

Yes, I love Trading Places too. Not a Christmas movie as such (even though part of the film it is Christmas) ?

Die Hard!!! Seen it probably a hundred times.

Yeeesss! Beat me to it! ? we watch it every year

@Remi Several others have mentioned it before me as well. I didn’t know so many would consider it a favourite Christmas movie like I would. I’m hoping to watch it a few more times over the holidays.

@WeaZ Yes.

the nightmare before christmas.
why... because I found the story telling interesting!

Die Hard & Bad Santa

Die Hard. And the animated, Boris Karloff voiced Grinch, which I guess really isn't a movie since it's only 30 minutes or so.

GwenC Level 7 Nov 29, 2018

Die Hard! Yes, it's actually considered a Xnas movie. But if I were to go with something a bit more traditional I'd choose A Christmas Carol. I like them all; the traditional version, the muppets version, the animated version, but probably the musical version with Albert Finney is my favorite.

Die hard! ??

JeffB Level 6 Nov 29, 2018

My personal favourite is (without a doubt) none other than National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I know the film backwards and I never fail to watch it every year, and it still makes me laugh.

DelT Level 3 Nov 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233967
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.