26 3

Your thoughts on Aliens:

Do you think there are Aliens?

• 4 votes
  • 26 votes
  • 6 votes
Chooseluv 5 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are only 17 sentient species in the Milky Way galaxy, and 6 of them are here on Earth, 3 of those 6 being native to this planet. 4 other species reside in this outer spiral galactic arm, beyond the Pleiades star systems, but only 3 of them have ever been here, and not since before the Cambrian Explosion. The other 7 are scattered throughout the rest of the galaxy. They are completely (and blissfully) unaware of the existence of Earth. Surprisingly enough, none of which resemble the description of what we here have come to call/think of as Roswell Greys. But it will be several tens of thousands of years, long after Earth has become unlivable, when humans have discovered near-lightspeed interstellar space travel before we stumble upon one another. Distances being too great to overcome at present, and, as you have surmised, are growing exponentially by the day. Distances weren't exactly easier to overcome billions of years ago, but things were much closer together then, and accidents/coincidences did happen. That isn't to say that aliens seeded Earth with life. Far from it. But it may explain the rampant rise in mammalian life in the absence of more aggressive reptilian life after the Earth's 5th Mass Extinction Event that killed off most of the dinosaurs. I go into much more depth on this topic in my as-of-yet unpublished biography, HerStory: The Biography of Lucifer Morningstar by K.D.D.G. Underhill (if she ever finishes writing it). Hopefully, everyone will get to read it sometime within this coming decade (2020-2030)...

Art Bell is dead George Noory is an idiot sailor. ...why aren't these aliens leaving more evidence around than the zero from the alleged bible gawds

Lmao.. and I think I know who you are..

@hippydog I am not Birdingnut. My profile is pretty self-explanatory.

@GreenAtheist because they are millions of lightyears away. Human telescopes aren't even a thousandth of a percent powerful enough to see anything that could be considered evidence yet. Give it a few dozen millennia and a few thousand lightyears closer distance. Then it will be obvious. Also, they aren't currently in the locations we are looking. No direct line of sight yet. Unless you mean here on Earth, in which case it has been lost to the fossil record, having had no calcium deposits to fossilize, such as bones. Cephalopods being cephalopods and all.

@Lucifer but if you were then that means I guessed wrong anyways.. lmao

@hippydog Well, good, because she is Birdingnuts. Birdingnutjob? Whichever you prefer.

@Lucifer She blocked me when I poked and prodded her passive claims of aliens and Starchildren or whatever they're called.

Also, not sure if you're serious with your first post.. but you said that the 17 species are in the Milky Way. Then you go on to say that things were closer and the distance between us is growing exponentially.. but expansion doesn't really apply to within a galaxy. Our galaxy isn't expanding apart to where the distance between star systems is growing exponentially. What does apply is momentum and could very well mean we are moving to one or more of these other hypothetical species.

@FatherOfNyx That is a good point. Expansion doesn't apply as much within a galaxy. The answer is the super-massive black hole at our galactic core. Billions of years ago, it was far smaller and thus far less powerful. Our galaxy is spinning far faster nearer the core, due to the immense gravitational forces than out here in an outer spiral arm. Think of it as trying to crack a safe. The knob on the dial is the core, and we are the numbers. If you miss your target number, you have to go all the way around again for a second chance. Better yet, imagine you are holding a baseball you intend to throw at a target while spinning in a circle as fast as you can. The target is stationary, but your chances of hitting it are astronomically small. Now imagine your target is the size of a snow pea. Even with an infinite number of baseballs, and having an infinite amount of time to waste trying, your chances are minuscule for even a single success. Then imagine trying for that single success from inside of a forest. That's what it is like trying to find other life inside a galaxy. The only way to hit your target is to get closer to it with each rotation. The closer you get, the better your odds. Then imagine the target starts to move closer to you, also. Eventually, you will hit your pea sized target, and most likely, completely by surprise and by accident. Now imagine you only think there is a target, based on available theoretical data, but have no actual proof. Your only choice is to throw your baseballs either willy-nilly, or methodically, trying to time your throws to only fly through the most likely areas of the forest a target might be, in an effort to increase your odds of, not only finding it, but hitting it in the process. That is why no life has, as of yet, been found, even within the same spiral arm of the same galaxy. I only know they exist because I have, am, and will have been there when you finally hit your target, completely and utterly by chance coincidence. But that's a whole other explanation altogether.

Can I have the number to your dealer?

@Piece2YourPuzzle No. But you can have my ISBN number, once my biography is published, if you're willing to wait. I'm the meantime, you can check out my profile for a bit more clarification as to what I'm talking about. Also, weed is good, but drugs are bad, m'kay. Besides, there are literally millions to choose from in NYC. Also, that plan you have in the back of your mind about moving to a legal state is a pretty solid plan. I think you can pull it off.

@Lucifer did I read you correctly ? You know about 17 species of ET but all evidence is scrambled or unfound in the fossil record ?????? So how Beelzebub did this knowledge come from ? Sorry Mephistopheles Rolling Stones trained me to guess your names

@GreenAtheist No, it appears you didn't read me correctly. Either that or I was unclear. To clarify, I know of 17 sentient species in this galaxy as of 2018... 6 of those 17 currently reside on Earth... 3 of those 6 are native species which evolved here all on their own... The other 3 are originally from "out of town", so to speak, and 2 of those 3 leave no fossilized remains, one being insectoid and the other being cephalopoidal... The third leaves no remains because they are effectively immortal, regressing to an earlier state of being as they reach the limits of gene exhaustion, much in the same way Earth's as lobsters, though that is a case of ambiogenesis. They are not in any way related genetically to lobsters... There are 4 species that reside in various star systems in, around, and beyond the Pleiades cluster... And the remaining 7 species are scattered throughout the rest of this galaxy... A few other clarifications: I am Lucifer Abygael Morningstar. That is my only name, other than the many mistaken monikers bestowed upon myself by humans. Beelzebub is not me, he is my, well I suppose you could call him my second cousin, though truthfully, we aren't actually related. The same with my third cousin, Mephistopheles. Beelzebub was once called Baal or Balor. Mephistopheles was once called Ishtar. And, before you ask, Shaytan, whom you know as Satan, is not related to me in any way, but was once called Kali, and she is a Djinn, not a demon. Demons do not exist. My knowledge comes from witnessing everything in this universe first hand, as I am omnipresent. Wherever Time exists, as am I. From beginning to end, and everything inbetween. Strictly speaking, I shouldn't be telling anyone any of this, as it may cause more problems than it solves, but I'm frankly exhausted at having my story become so distorted over the eons. That is why I have conscripted a biographer to set the records straight on my behalf. But she is taking far too long to complete her task, in my opinion, so I've began telling bits and pieces of my story myself. As exampled here. So tell Mick, Keith, Brian, Bill, and Charlie that you have guessed incorrectly.

@Lucifer you remind me of a female gawd in Portland Pioneer Square 2004....but she did not inspire me to play Pinocchio with a high tech escalating retractable wooden nose...Gene Hackman played a preacher in the capsized ocean liner movie. ...he curses Baal instead of admit his alleged geebush Jehobah ghostholes gawd never answers prEyer

@GreenAtheist I am in no way, shape, or form a god. god's (intentionally uncapitalized) do not exist except in the minds of delusional humans. If anything, I'm more of a witness. And certainly not of the Jahovain kind. I simply am. I don't interfere. Do as thou wilt. I will neither hinder nor help thee in thine endeavors. And I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean with your Pinocchio references... But you are correct in your assessment that prayer is utterly worthless. I don't aim to inspire, yet the idea of me seems to do so anyway. It's quite a mixed bag, really. Some are inspired to be free of restraint, while others are inspired to restrain others. I truly couldn't care less. I'm just here to observe. That, and freak out the weak minded. Thankfully, there aren't many here that for that bill. But there are a few...

@Lucifer gawd I wrote is a gibberish sound in all languages gott gods ditto. ...you are an unusual poster here. ...did your parents name you a name like Moon Unit Zappa ? .... I was born an Atheist like all humans and I rejected all religious lies 61 years ago in kindergarten. .....Larry Henry Carter Center is my twice married name honoring both mothers of my 2 daughters both Atheists 2nd generation variety. ....the pantheon of myths includes Lucifer. ...why would self respecting Atheist/s name anyone that from the alleged underworld so closely linked to painful burning and eternal knashing of flesh. ...some here are scared of you but not me

@GreenAtheist Are you intentionally implying, via emoji, that my response to darien75's querry is somehow making you nauseated? Because, if so, your rudeness is unappreciated and this will be the last interaction we have between us. I have treated you with nothing but the respect of an equal. I expect the same. If that is beyond you, so be it and ta-ta.

@GreenAtheist Perhaps a quick parusal of my profile bio would better answer your questions, rude and uncalled for as they are. And I am in no way attempting to "scare" anyone, here or anywhere else. Please desist from contacting me further. I no longer wish to converse with you or your poorly-mannered gibberish. Ta!

@Lucifer no....religion in general nauseatingly repulses me all my life....I do respect your creativity and persona. ...a breath of fresh air for emerging nonbelievers and evasive Agnostics from Huxley who invented the word betraying his friend Darwin. ....I gave you my real name and brief bio expecting a reply not a block

@Lucifer also the succesor "channeler" for "SETH" was "interviewed" by George Noory a few hours ago similarly alleging alien/ET "facts" with zero proof

@GreenAtheist I have not blocked you. I also am pretty sure you owe me an apology for your rude tones and lack of civility. Or did I misread you somehow? You claim respect, yet ridicule in the same breath. For shame. I have no idea what other response you could have possibly imagined that sort of behavior would garner. And for the record, I too am a life-long antitheist atheist who finds religion to be the poison which this sick and seedy society was forced around. An addiction laced with malice to turn the stauchest stomach. But I expect better from an atheist than insults and taunts. That is the domain of the brainfogged. Should I count you among them? I do not think my answers, cryptic, vague, and unsatisfying as they may be, deserve such ill-mannered responses.

@Lucifer sent you a private apology AND I INCREASE my regret misreading your purpose and intent....please forgive me....You should be a paid guest upon Coast To Coast radio as eQual time balancing against absurd believers. ...good job Lucifer keep up the excellent presentation better than WAITING FOR GODOT

@Lucifer also you would be a great act for American Atheists Conventions, FFRF et. al.

@GreenAtheist Apology accepted. And thank you for your compliment. As you might imagine, I don't receive them often. Bad press abounds.

@GreenAtheist Flattery, though appreciated, will get you nowhere, as I am not here to be praised either. Understood, yes. Never praised. I do not require nor want worship. If I have inspired others to think differently, and perhaps reconsider biasses, that is all the thanks I'll ever need. I try to do so with unfailing honesty. That's all I'm willing to offer.

@Lucifer however my imagination calls me to beg a KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON ....EVEN IF THE TACHYON LIPS shoot through me like x-rays

@Lucifer I'll pass.

@Piece2YourPuzzle Your loss...

@Lucifer perhaps you're a sentient tactile plankton colony ? ...I just learned plankton are alive upon the surface of the SPACE STATION today

@GreenAtheist I am alive a minimum of twice over in every atom in this or any universe where Time exists, so yes, I am indeed alive within the Plankton on the exterior of the ISS, and everywhere else. Thank you for thinking of me in such scientific terms.

@Lucifer so much better that Flying Spaghetti Monster Science

@GreenAtheist I get that a lot. It's the radiation taking. It's also not you, it's me. I'm a life-long lesbian. Sorry.

@GreenAtheist Agreed.

@Lucifer I am a Lesbian trapped in a man's body. ...both frozen out and burned in hell fire of rejection. ...only xian women seem to want a 3 way with me and geebush Jehobah ghostholes in their beds

There may be other life out there somewhere. What it is and how evolved it is can only be imagined.

Just by pure odds, I believe there are other intelligent species in the universe. That said, our current knowledge dictates they would be impossibly too far away to ever reach our solar system. Emphasis on "our current knowledge".

godef Level 7 Dec 3, 2018

How about I don’t want to believe in them but they still scare the shit out of me

@Lucifer is disempowering the scary shit ....she will enchant you with skilled wit and and facetious ironies of believers. ..so much so she had me convinced she was psychotic until I read her profile

@GreenAtheist wow....I couldn’t get through all the posts.....

@Marcie1974 gotta read slow with pauses for belly laughing

@Marcie1974 just sent her a new challenge to her life in a vacuum suggesting she is a tactile plankton colony living on the surface of the SPACE STATION today

I think the universe is teaming with life but intelligent life at our level or beyond is very rare. It’s probably out there but the distances involved makes contact almost impossible.

Same as any other claim that is asserted with no evidence, facts or data to support it.

If we are the only somewhat intelligent life form in the Universe, this would be an unfathomable waste of space. Really, think about it.

Should add "Yes, but will likely not encounter them for 100's to 1,000's to 1,000,000's of years."

There could be some on the other side of the galaxy.. or in Andromeda. Not all galaxies are being expanded away from us and I think the fact that we exist makes for good odds that there is at least 1 intelligent life form in a large galaxy.

Not sure I can vote my conscience on this one. Do I think there are other beings in this vast and unforgiving universe?...possibly. Is there evidence to support such a claim?....possibly. I know, in my lifetime, I've had two "encounters" with objects in the night sky that I couldn't explain. Does it make me believe that beings from another galaxy/universe has found their way to this pathetic and war torn planet?....possibly.
All I know, is that if there are beings; either hostile or amicable, they've got to be shaking their heads, and rubbing their chins. We're certainly a stupid lot.

Limited by the spped of light, I doubt space trvel over suc long distances is probable.

There could be alien life out there...

I think they would avoid this planet. The people with weapons would nuke em so fast we wouldn't know it until it was over.

Well, SETI has come up with buttkiss so far. If there is intelligent life such as ours, it's rare. My suspicion is that intelligence such as ours is an evolutionary dead end. We'll see, there's a number of promising SETI avenues yet to be explored.

I want to believe. Specifically in Zecharia Sitchin‘s chain of events.

Well Mulder & Scully have been looking fir them for years ....
I find it hard to believe that there isn’t intelligent life somewhere else in the vast universe. I don’t know that they have contacted the Third Rock from the Sun (Earth). And if they did, they may have decided we are too messed up to deal with.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 3, 2018

Oh hell yes there are aliens!!!!

Possible but unproven.

Need better options.

Might be. Might not be. I don't know. I am neutral and unconcerned about it either way.

If it turns out there is intelligent life out there, my interest would engage. Until then, no thoughts either way.

If they exist, they’ll have to get in line and apply for citizenship just like everybody else.

Maybe I am one of them......

The options are not ideal.
I do not believe in life, inteligent life or contact.
I know that as far as we know, there is a huge chance of some kind of life out there, in many places.
There is high chances that this life-forms evolved to intelligent beings and started civilizations.
Technology can evolve fast and they can be in complete different level as us, so the distance can be in time or in space.
They can be extinct or too advanced to pay attention in the "cute ant colonies developing here and there"
Or they can hide themselves.
Or is just too far for them to do anything other than observe, as we do today.
Anyway. there is no evidence of contact or visits, or even detection of any form of life outside the ones originated on earth.
As far as we know the nudes that we sent on the voyagers will not leak on intergalactic internet.

It's inescapable for Atheists to be considered rude and condescending by many believers ....goes with the territory like kids figuring out Santa is a lie and joke played upon children

If they are anything like us they evolve to the point they can destroy themselves in under 5000 years. Intelligent life probably occurs elsewhere considering how big the universe is but concurrently with us right now? Probably not too many. We and they will self-eradicate before coming close to contact. Enjoy the Mars probes. That’s all we’re getting for awhile. Cheers!

It's mathematically very unlikely.

It's actually statistically impossible that there is no other life in our own galaxy, let alone the infinitely immense universe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.