Agnostic.com

20 1

I am curious of anyone here that reads this, what brought you here.

ChrisJones 6 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I joined thinking it was too good to be true. But, actually, it's not. Of course I'm still waiting for helicopters with flood lights to descend on me at midnight and drag my ass of to Geronimo Bay or somewhere for 'enhanced interrogation.' Something to look forward to.

The internet

Facebook wasn't cutting it any more, and I was looking for intellectual stimulation. I found some here.

I thought I would try this site to see if there are any interesting people with ideas and information. So far so good. I am married happily. So far so good.

It was in the Atheists (Spanish) group in my FB

Whenever I'm too overwhelmed by the idgits on FB and their woo - I come here. And usually don't get called ridiculous names for having an opinion. (One more "Snowflake" comment,,,, I mean really?).
We actually have discourse on varied subjects - can disagree and not start with the labeling and name calling. Kind of awesome.

I just came for the beer and babes.

Saw the Facebook ad and thought I'd give it a try. Their ad targeting algorithm must've determined this was a good fit.????

I'm pretty sure that's how I ended up here too?
I keep wondering it is my lack of "prayers for you" on FB that made them notice me? lol

Tired of traditional dating sites-looking for intelligent conversation and diversity.

My handler at the NSA asked me to check out the dangerous radical free-thinkers on the site.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

What's the pay like, and the fringe benefits?
I guess you'll report back: "Nothing to see here";

@David1955 If I told you, you'd get a visit from the men in black.

@Jnei I thought men in black looked for aliens? I suppose all those special agent guys are in black, come to think of it.

@David1955 Only in the films! The (supposedly) real men in black visit people who know US state secrets or have seen aliens to intimidate them... allegedly, there's little evidence that they actually exist. πŸ™‚

Here for community, and exchange of ideas. Thinking about some of the posts has also helped me clarify my own thoughts and opinions on issues I may not have given a lot of attention to before.

I am just so sick of Christianity dividing people. I was recently with a Christian woman who I cared about very much, and she claimed that she cared about me. We had an amazing relationship. She treated me very well, other than the fact that she said she could never be with me long term because I wasn't a Christian. I could not comprehend how she could say she love me but yet deny that love in favor of a fake being.

curiosity

A much needed outlet. Saw the ad on Facebook for quite a while. Finally came over.

I actually ran into it accidentally when I was doing a search on google about the differences between atheism and agnosticism.

I live in the bible belt, where xtianity is rampant. I came here to enjoy intelligent discussions with people who are not sheepish enough to ascribe any original thought to geeziz.

Always seeking people to discuss interesting ideas with. As you can probably imagine, some communities are better than others.

Mostly fear of dying alone.

Saw your question πŸ™‚

I had recently joined two different MK (missionary kid) forums to swap stories of our adventures growing up overseas, but kept getting attacked whenever I mentioned LGBTQ issues or science - even in the "Liberal Mks" forum.

Within a month I was fed up with the constant religious blather, and one of my Morehead University prof colleagues posted this link on Facebook.

What brought me to click on your question was your lovely smile πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ What brought me to this website was.... god told me toπŸ˜‰ just kidding. It looked like fun

Sacha Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Thanks for the compliment. I honestly don’t like having my picture taken. But I still like the compliments when I put my photo out there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.