36 4

You are attracted... but then?

Have you ever seen a picture of someone and found them very attractive only to find out later they were the same sex as you?
Your reaction was...
A-intrigued
B-horified
C-confussed
D-excited
E-neutral

By ThomasLevi
Options Favorite Like

36 comments

i will assume this question is not for Gays lol

twshield Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

snorts

it's for humans my friend. being gay is not relevant.

@LeighShelton well the question is about being surprised to find out someone you are attracted to is the same sex.......I don't think this apply's to Gays lol

rubbish you see it from another angle, my friend. a good thing could come out of what you think is a bad thing ie you think he is a woman and lucky for you your wrong maybe. you could also say, no I'm gay so it wouldn't surprise me. personally nothing humans do surprise me anymore.

@LeighShelton" Have you ever seen a picture of someone and found them very attractive only to find out later they were the same sex as you?"

i am confused at what point you are trying to make however as a gay man i am into the same sex so this question doesn't apply to me which i stated in a humorous way.

No, it's for everyone. But I guess it sound a little skewed to heterosexual because I am. And actually I posed the question because it is becoming more often that I am not always immediately sure whether someone is male or female. I've said more than once "She's very pretty" and had it pointed out that it wasn't a she.

@ThomasLevi i get u. i was actually making a joke. i am never surprised because same sex is what i do. not sure why that created a debate with others

@ThomasLevi I think what I'm getting is that you have found yourself attracted to transexuals or cross-dressing men. Is that right?

And, I'm with TW -- the way the question is written, I read it as for heterosexuals. And that's okay. Not every question is going to apply to every person.

@BlueWave thank you for making the point i was unsuccessful at making

yes, i have and a whole film called "the long kiss goodnight" I think. you could be happily surprised to find out the person you thought to be female is a man is all I was trying to say.

@LeighShelton dude, speaking from a Gay persons perspective....WHAT PART OF ALREADY SEEPING WITH THE SAME SEX ARE YOU NOT GETTING? GAWD!

Edited

well, this page is about debate and I notice your "lol" but got the feeling you felt left out. my mistake trying to be friendly. I apologise.

seems we are both confused.

Edited

Why do I feel we are all going to get reported to a Board named: "The Cis gendered are at it again". smile009.gif

Edited

@RavenCT lol

@RavenCT i think that dude deleted his profile. i hated to be rude but i was like, his comprehension is like zero

I’m attracted to whom I am attracted to. I don’t consider myself bisexual, just sexual. But if I thought someone was one gender, and I found out they were not, as with any surprise, I’d be surprised.

Annaleda Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

@Manimshut As opposed to what? What is the flip side of your statement? That men have a harder time determining whether another man is attractive? Or is it that men have a harder time VOICING that they find a man attractive? -- which can very well mean nothing more than he is attractive.

I see tons of women and men who I find attractive -- and not in a I want to have sex with them kind of way -- and have no problem saying so.

I, personally, think that is one little part of what is wrong with humanity. Men are "supposed" to behave certain ways to be seen as manly, and that includes not being able or allowed to notice or voice that another male is attractive. Pure rubbish I say.

I actually respect and admire a man a little bit more if they are not afraid (for lack of a better word, please don't splice that) to simply acknowledge when another man is attractive. In fact, it pretty much turns me off and a man will lose a bit of my respect if I hear "Well, I wouldn't know if he was attractive, but all the girls seem to think so." Ugh.....

I'm not saying any of this applies to you, @Manimshut -- not at all. Just throwing out my thoughts on this, generally.

Edited

@Manimshut Your last sentence made me laugh. Cologne or natural scent?

I can find men attractive but not sexually attractive Bradley Cooper attractive but wouldn't sleep with him . Confused at first then proud of myself for being so mature about it

Simon1 Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Cooper's pretty damned good looking. Makes a good bionic raccoon, too.

Yes he is!

E- beautiful people are just that. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to say that I think another man is attractive.

jayneonacobb Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Bravo, me to.

I'm attracted to a lot of people that I would not contemplate having sex with. The sex of the person isn't the problem though, it's the age. I have a HUGE issue with having sex with someone that is younger than my oldest son.

kiramea Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Why do some people find it so difficult to separate "Finds attractive" from "Wants to have sex with?" I find lots of women attractive, but know what's in their underwear precludes any sexual interest on my part.

There are plenty of reasons why you might not want to have sex with someone you find attractive. Genital incompatibility is only one of them. So why make such a big deal out of it?

NicoleCadmium Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Definitely D..yes D...of course D!

Charlene Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Guys who hit on me always apologies when I say I'm not gay and I tell them "not at all, I'm thrilled anyone finds me attractive"

@ThomasLevi That's cool. smile001.gif How many times have we all heard (especially those of us in the south) "Maaaan, if some dude made a pass at me, I'd........" Nauseating.

E -- as a pansexual, genitalia doesn't bother me ... I'm intrigued by the person and their character, not what they have in their pants/skirt/whatever. smile009.gif

evestrat Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

I guess E, although I wouldn't say so much neutral (which would suggest no reaction either way) so much as interested - I find both/all genders attractive because it is based largely on the person themself (although physical traits do attract me as well, ultimately it's about who that person is) so if I find a person attractive, and I think that person is male, and I find out later that person is female, I would react (therefore not really 'neutral'smile009.gif but my reaction would be neither negative nor positive, just one of interest as in "Oh, that's something I didn't realize about that person before"

Runastar Level 3 Feb 13, 2018

None of the above? Sure, If it's someone in drag or a pre-op transgender, perhaps some surprise. But I m attracted to lots of men. (See my profile) But it's highly unlikely I'd ever act upon my attraction.

MrLizard Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Well I'm a woman, with a GF.... So excited.

SensualAva Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

That is exciting, guys are so easy to please.

A&E. I'm intrigued by androgynous females. I like the look. But my sexy days are over, so it's all academic for me at this point.

stinkeye_a Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Sexy days are never over, Just ask Dr. Ruth.

Androgynous females are the most attractive females in a "she's hot" kind of way, to me (i.e. Rachel Maddow and Samira Wiley - without makeup and long hair).

For other attractive females it's more like "she's beautiful" to me.

Edited

Neutral. I'm bisexual anyway.

ErichZannIII Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

I'm jealous, plus I am way picky to boot, it's a wonder I find anyone interesting, but luckily there are a hell of a lot of people.

I'm a bit picky as well. I don't think I've ever had romantic feelings for someone I wasn't already friends with. Kind of narrows the field I'm playing on, so to speak.

E

jlynn37 Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

A little disappointed. The male form just doesn't do anything for me sexually.

Levi_Hinton Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

E

Donotbelieve Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

F Embarrassed, a dancer with an international all male revue, low cut see through top, long legs, blonde called Christopher.

Rugglesby Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

now I thought you'd like that pmsl

Intrigued - definitely.

evergreen Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

E. Maybe a little disappointed. lol

ChrisJones Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

E

Lysistrata Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Does that happen a lot?

Spinliesel Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

It seems to happen more often, more and more people are finding the grey area in their sexuality so that it does not always appear to be so clear cut, which to be honest, I kind of like.

What about F - disappointed

arnies Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

A I guess

LeighShelton Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

E. My favorite movie is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. It takes place in Australia and follows the fortunes and misfortunes of a travelling transvestite show.

Dwight Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

I think women are more attractive than men, unless the men are "pretty."

birdingnut Level 8 Feb 13, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!