Agnostic.com

5 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This doesn't surprise me as Missouri is even more conservative than Iowa, but many or most nursing homes have ties to church organizations as do many retirement communities. This issue will just become more and more contentious. Retirement communities and nursing homes too, I predict, will undergo radical changes, whether they want to or not, in the decade of the 2020s as the Baby Boomers become old enough to start populating these facilities and the facilities start having to cater to them. I have already heard that retirement communities are beginning to alter their entertainment for their residents to include more than just jazz and big band music for the older folks and start bringing in performers that play rock and roll for the Boomers who are now the youngest residents there. We will also see nursing homes in that decade that will allow for spouses to visit and have sex with their spouses in the facility, I predict.

I don't agree with their lifestyle, but WTF does it matter?!? They are legally married, and should be afforded the rights and misery any married couple endures! 🙂 BTW here is the website, where it is very clear it is a religious focused organization [friendshipvillagestl.com]. I would suspect these women applied there not b/c of their need or desire to live there, but to force a court case. Glad the court upheld the legal aspect accordingly, just a shame that the law doesn't address this moral argument.

I still can't fathom that this is still an issue for some in this day and age.
WTF is it any ones business How people like to be or live together.

WTF, that PLAGUE virus known as religion infects everything it comes into contact with.

the facility defined marriage as being between one man and one woman, as delineated in the bible. i can't help wondering which bible they mean, since that actually is not how marriage is either defined or portrayed in the bible!

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.