Agnostic.com

28 1

I am an animal lover, especially dogs, but others as well. What about you? What ones do you like?

tioteo 8 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also have the cutest pound puppy in the world. She thinks she is royalty though.

she is if you think she is

She's adorable. Also it never hurts a dog to think they're royalty! 😉

What a sweet pup. Lucky you.

She is wonderful!

I love 'em all, but have an especially soft place for birds..and horses!

Photo I took of Willets on Caladesi Island, FL.

2005 pic of me jumping a log with my Walking Horse, Banjo, near Soldier, KY, rescue chow mix, Shaney, behind us.

Dogs: Pinky (9) and Morgana (10)

cats: Amadeus (22) , Blair (11) and Lance (12)

each one left an eternal memory in my heart.

Pretty kitty!

I like most animals. I love dogs, but I also love the creatures that people fear and hate due to ignorance. Here are some I've rescued

JimG Level 8 Feb 20, 2018

I rescued a rattlesnake once and a few other nonvenomous noodles

@btroje that's terrific. Thank you.

@JimG I'm not a snake lover, but when people kill them in the wild, for no goddamn reason except pure assholeism, I want to beat them senseless. I've seen too much of that. Snakes have a useful place in the world, more so than those mindless people, imho.

@Condor5 I absolutely agree. I think part of compassion for snakes stems from the fact that they are stigmatized, I feel due to biblical fairytale, and they are useful.
They're also feared far beyond their actual threat level. Most of the people bitten are dumbasses *raises hand sheepishly who pick them up.

I've always had a cat and a dog--both are loved, each for their own unique characteristics and personalities. My favorite cat was a Siamese named Kim--he lived to be 19. And my favorite dog was our Samoyed, Tasha. She lived to be 13, and I still miss her. Our animal friends can break our hearts.

I am a cat person. Dogs are okay. As to the non-domesticated ones - otters, of course top the list. Owls and birds of prey.

I like all of them 🙂 Special place reserved in my heart for Orangutans.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

Except the one in the WH, I presume?

@Condor5 The what?

@Sacha the orangutan in the White House.

@Condor5 That would be an insult to Orangutans!

@Sacha true, sorry.

I like all animals and have to remind myself I do not operate a zoo. I have dogs cats and alpacas right now. I have a parrot that came to me second hand, acted like it loved me to break out of its prison at the store then tried to kill me for 20 years after that, He is on permanent loan to a guy that he decided he loved

Butterflies. They are quiet, do not need a litter box, and can feed themselves.

do you raise them?

@btroje yes, I am planning to start a butterfly raising group in a couple of weeks. I hope you will join.

@PappyOnWings I would love that. I know nothing about it though

@PappyOnWings I'm afraid my cats would be "into" that.

@btroje you will be amazed at how easy it is in the total lack of any special tools or equipment.

@PappyOnWings when I was about 6 I was crawling around under a bush and found 5 cecropia moths emerging from the cocoons. I will never forget that

I love all animals even the ones I don't want in my house. I've been in an apartment for a long time, so I have a cat and don't have a dog even though I would like one.

My favorite wild animals are sharks, tigers and lemurs. My dream vacation would be diving with great whites.

Cats, ferrets, pangolins, donkeys, coypu, camels, lemurs, otters, foxes, badgers, rhinos, giraffes, rabbits, hares, octopus, hedgehogs, squirrels, pine martins, swifts, crocodiles, tigers, trilobites, crows, ravens, bats, moths, whales, sharks, manta rays, shrews, weasels, stoats, gerbils, llamas, civets, hyenas, jumping spiders, wasps, bees, dragonflies, skunks, red pandas, gorillas, geckos, elks, reindeer, Tasmanian devils... and a whole lot more.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 20, 2018

@Akfishlady Not quite... I missed rock hyraxes and quokkas.

I was trying to figure out what she left out

Looks a lot like Noah's passenger list

@btroje Rats. I like them too. And mice. Also owls.

Can't accuse you of not giving a hoot, eh?

Mostly a dog person, but I've had some good cat friends, too, like my daughter's current furkid. I like being around horses too. We had some horses when I was a kid, and I still enjoy talking to them and giving them an apple.

I admire and think all nature is amazing. my favourite animal is the elephant and I keep dogs and fish.

I really don't think there are animals that I don't like, Life amazes me. That said, I do form extremely close bonds with animals that are part of my life and there have been hundreds, cats and dogs mostly, but have had extremely intelligent goats and even chickens that I have mourned.

I love all animals, even snakes and lizards. I do like cats more, they just fit my personality well. But I have a little doxie that I got over a year ago, shes literally the sweetest dog ever, when shes not chewing literally everything she can get her paws on. But I love her and wouldn't trade her for the world.

Elsy Level 4 Feb 20, 2018

I don't consider myself animal lover.... animals love me... specially the females. Dogs and cats are all over me.

I love animals, all kinds from horses to hamsters. Dogs are a lot of fun, I'd like to have one but more work and responsibility than I'm willing to exert. I have a cat, and she's about all I'm willing to take on. My fur nephews & nieces come and visit we play, sometimes they spend the night, then it's back home.

I love all creatures, great and small.

That’s a tough one. I love wolves. They fascinate the hell out of me. I had often wished that I could have one as a pet, even though I knew that was never going to happen.

I remember visiting Wolf Haven out in Washington state, and there were some wolves mostly just hanging about (I have no idea if they were a pack). I was so taken by their beauty that I kind of got lost in thought. When my brain finally came back to the present, I noticed that they had gathered around and we were all watching each other. It was a wonderful moment. One that sticks with me to this day.

I also like cats! And not just the little cats, I love the big cats... For years I hoped that I could have, as a pet, a black panther. Of course that, again, is a bad choice for pet. But they are such beautiful creatures.

I love all animals. Wish I could have a pet; right now it would be too difficult.

I love my dog so much that I only have one pet because she tends to be a little jealous. But I like most animals, I adore horses, cats, rats, and hedgehogs. I like sloths so much that daydream about going to South America so that I can volunteer at the sloth rescue. I love Bactrian camels and mountain lions. I'm not a particular fan of monkeys, but Apes are okay and lemurs are adorable.

CatV Level 3 Feb 21, 2018

Elephants. There was once a species of miniature elephants the size of large dogs. I bet you the wolves and cats of the world killed every last one. Jerks.

Otherwise, I very much like cats, dogs, horses and pigs.

Cakes Level 4 Feb 20, 2018

Cats and dogs. I've always liked both equally - but cats are easier pets for me.
I did have a dog for 15 years though (A 50 lb dog which will impress some of you).

Pretty much anything furred or winged.

Phobic about snakes. Ok with spiders. Yep I'm the camp counselor that everyone got when there was a 5 inch spider to carry out of the cabin. Let me tell you - 7 yo girls can scream! 😉

I’ve been obsessed with goats for awhile now ????

me too

As my son would say, if you eat meat, then you don't love animals

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.