Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Divers swim alongside famous Deep Blue shark - YouTube

She was on her best behavior apparently. I'm not sure if I would have the guts to swim with a 20-foot 2 ton great white shark

Kojaksmom 8 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a NAUI Divemaster, and used to co-own a dive store in Valdosta GA. Here's a little insight into basic shark mentality.

Sharks are opportunity predators, and like most predators they'd rather not have to work hard for their meal. In their world anything swimming erratically, anything splashing on the surface, or anything that doesn't belong are all signs of an animal in distress - and an easy meal. This is why swimmers and surfers are attacked by sharks much more than divers - they look like hurt seals splashing on the surface.

By contrast a diver (skin or scuba) is in control, at the shark's level, about the same size (normally - Big Blue is an exception ?), and is moving in a similar pattern as the other animals around - namely the dolphins, remoras, and cleaner fish.

Basically, these "weird dolphins" in her eyes aren't worth the time to hunt - something easier will come along.

And in a weird way, she likes the attention. ?

I enjoy swimming, but wouldn't want to swim that close to a shark even though I think sharks are cool. That particular shark didn't look like it missed many meals...

And she might be eating for two

I think they’re now saying that is may not be Deep Blue afterall. But doesn’t matter. Still amazing. I’m a huge shark aficionado.

Me too, I heard that as well.

I am sincerely totally chickenshit! There is no way I would even swim in the ocean, much less with a 20 foot Great White. I don't even like swimming in lakes. This is incredible!

Della Level 6 Jan 20, 2019

Amazing footage!

I thought she looked more like 25. 3 tons of her.

But then this is one of the greatest scenes in film history, engraved in the back of my mind for life...

Deep blue may be pregnant. I am fascinated with sharks. They're just amazing creatures

@Kojaksmom I live every week like it's shart week.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269775
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.