Agnostic.com

35 11

Do people on the road raise your blood pressure? Or, are you chill on the road?

I used to be really relaxed when driving. Lately, I've been more irritable. I probably just need to change the song on the radio from Move B- Get Out the Way to Everything Zen.

hahaha

Where I live, people are friendly in the stores. Get out on the road and they cut you off, can't use a four way stop, and ride your bumper. If someone else is driving, I like to turn around and stare at the person riding the bumper. For some reason, when they know they are being seen, they like to let up.

silvereyes 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm usually okay. I don't get road rage or anything like that, although I have been known to mutter under my breath. 🙂

I try to go by the benefit of the doubt rule that everybody, including me, makes mistakes, everybody has bad days, and I should be cool when it happens to me, because I have--and will probably again--been less than an excellent driver myself at times. I know that things just happen sometimes (yes, I believe in accidents) and I try to treat people like I would want them to treat me.

Plus, I'm just scared of the other drivers nowadays, lol.

marga Level 7 Feb 21, 2018

Never liked driving. Always on edge no matter what.

It sounds like I have Tourette's Syndrome when I drive. I use it as anger management. Not a road rage individual, but I hate pretty much every other driver, and they are ALL in my way. My friends get a good laugh out of it when I drive. As soon as the car is parked, I am totally calm, but behind the wheel, I am an angry asshole

The place I live now has collectively the worst drivers I've ever encountered.

When a light turns green people will mosey across the intersection like there isn't anyone behind them who might want to get somewhere during this century.

When moving into a left turn lane they don't pull into it all the way and leave the ass-end of their vehicle hanging into the center lane.

Don't seem to have a solid grasp of the concept of making a turn.
The use of turn signals is rare and watching them back up is something better observed from a safe distance.
You're risking your life walking from the library parking lot to the building.

There's more but I'm getting a little pissed thinking about it. 😉

Im a truck driver. I think I am qualified to say that people just can't drive. Its not a lack of driving ability, its the same thing that plagues our society...selfishness. Most driver believe they are the center of the universe and that everyone else is just...well, you get the idea. Some areas are worse than others. Jersey I feel are the worst drivers in the country. There are some areas that are so polite as drivers, they cause more issues than they solve. I realize you are just being nice and considerate, but if it is your turn at a four way stop, just go!

I try to stay chill, but I drive through Chicago just about everyday, so the chill doesnt last long.

australian drivers seem to be unaware of having an indicator mechanism in their vehicle. it can get stressful.

ok, i think i'll stop there, otherwise i could work myself into a fullblown rant - but, no, usually i still manage the right-arm-dangling-out-the-window posture when driving 😉

Never bothered with traffic. And now retired? You are lucky if I arrive the right date.

I usually keep a running commentary going, to myself, of how shit everybody's else drives, It keeps me sane and calm 🙂

This is the traffic maneuver I saw today. I was in the outside lane, behind a pickup at the traffic light. There was a red car in the left turn lane and a white car in the inside lane. The left turn light turned green and the red car just sat there. So the driver in the white car flipped on their signal and took a left. A lot of people move here from countries where "traffic laws" are considered "suggestions."

I've seen drivers making offensive gestures to one another through the closed windows of their cars and sometimes they are apparently yelling at each other and cannot hear one another which makes it look funny, If another drives cut into or across my path I remain cool. I have noticed that some drivers who engage in road rage seem to use driving a vehicle as a focal outlet point for all the pent-up frustrations in their lives.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27154
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.