Agnostic.com

42 5

What is your, "don't get me started on . . ." topic?

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Women's rights. It is such a grossly dismissed topic particularly with men. Many of them seem to completely disregard the real world effects of institutionalized misogyny. Meanwhile we have to work harder, constantly defend ourselves AND listen to how men feel attacked by feminism.

My BIL this Christmas. After trying to maintain my civility and discussing it with him - I just let him rant about "How bad the white male has it".

Biggest Gift I ever gave my sister! rofl (When you are obviously not going to alter someone's mind - sometimes giving up is the only thing.). He has 4 daughters. I wanted to smack him.

@RavenCT ugh. They're literally convinced that losing the unfair and unearned privilege they've enjoyed for so long is a violation of their "rights". Can't stand that nonsense.

spaying and neutering your pets. Seriously. Stop letting your cats have kittens. Euthanasia because of overpopulation is not cute.

Cats are considered the 2nd most destructive species on Earth. Guess which one is number one? Maybe more people should be neutered!

@JackPedigo Deadliest but destructive? I can't find a reference.

@JackPedigo they most definitely should be ! And I put my money where my mouth is - did it myself when I was 24 !

@RavenCT It was in a National Geographic magazine about cats around a year ago. I remember discussing that with a friend who is a cat lover. She is also a bird lover but also knew the damage cats do.

@evergreen I remember reading a newspaper report that said 2-3 times as many women as men get this done and it made me mad. Then I realized I was guilty and immediately had it done (the Drs. name was Dr. Wonderly!). I was in my late 40's.

My late partner got pregnant a 4th time (an oops baby). She got an abortion and sterilized at the same time.

@JackPedigo good for both of you - well done !

@JackPedigo Bird watcher and cat lover. My cats are indoor only.

However as a destructive force I think humans are way more complex at it....

I'm sure religion will be the default here. Aside from that, anti-vaxxers.

JimG Level 8 Feb 24, 2018

Thought I didn't have one until I saw yours. Definitely against anti-vaxers

Religion.

Veevee Level 4 Feb 24, 2018

Anti-intellectualism. Put down your cellphone, Cletis: smart people designed it.

For me it is all the Science-deniers and Flat Earthers and anti-vaxers.

I have such difficulty believing the flat-earthers are the least bit serious. If they are, they should all be given one-way tickets to the moon.

When an old classmate from the south starts on “protecting our southern heritage” followed a sentence or two later by “the civil war was really about states rights”

Ohub Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

When I am told "the South will rise again", I say sure it will. It will rise because of all the Yankees and Foreigners moving here.

There has been overwhelming proof that the only states rights violations were from the South pushing their agenda on the North and any new states. It was about slavery, pure and simple and the deniers of that are just that, deniers. They "can't handle the truth". From the movie "A few Good Men".

The civil war was not very civil and it was about whether you can own people or not.

People thinking they have any right to tell women how to conduct their reproductive lives. Especially when they use their bullshit religious beliefs as justification.

Thank you!

Flat Earth theory. The world is 6,000 years old garbage. Truth in religion in general (original, I know). New Age anything. Astrology. Anti-Vaxxers. "Truth is what ever someone believes" really gets me and "If humans come from monkeys then why are there still monkeys."

That flat earth shit is all about making money and media exposure...I hate it too.

Willful ignorance in SO many forms.

Religion, politics, thin crust or deep dish, Ginger or Maryanne, STTOS or STTNG, chocolate or vanilla, etc.

Thin crust, Ginger and vanilla, STTO 😀 just sayin....

@Redcupcoffee Star Trek the original series and Star Trek The Next Generation. 😉

The Bible treated as a text of history.

The original authors would be appalled and in shock.

Can be anything I feel passionate about.

WASP's. White Anglo Saxon Protestants who live in a world of make believe. They want to impose their religious and political nonsense on the rest of us.

Animal rights and religion in politics

The apathy and stupidity of the average person in the street.

When older generations talk down about or give a negative label to the younger generations like they had nothing to do with how they turned out.

@geko exactly!

When people say negative stuff about kids in my daughter's age group, 34, I think, "You haven't really met and talked to any of those kids, have you"? She and her husband and their friends are smart, socially conscious, hard-working people trying to make the world better with fewer advantages than my generation had, in many ways.

Politics.

tRump.

this all makes me want to move to the planet Vulcan , people form opinions about so many things without completely understanding the facts or not having the knowledge to understand reality.

dc65 Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

Age is just a number remarks.

age is not just a number, its also a word

@RobH86 It is also very much a degenerative condition from aging. You will not understand that until you are old enough for it to affect you.

Republicans, der donald, women's issues, just to start.

People assuming they're better than me fucks me right off and people not indicating when there turning and I'm sure many more. I purposefully didn't touch on religion or politics.

War

Marz Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

Pirates vs ninjas!

Ok, I must admit, if someone has some strong feeling about something that I think it's arbitrary or preference based, like what is better PC or Mac, or band of car, it provoked me to troll.
I'm sorry in advanced everyone. 😀

JeffB Level 6 Feb 24, 2018

People (Gay or Straight) that try to say the BI Sexual is not real/is only a faze/ half coming out of the closet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.