Agnostic.com

26 2

Did the moon landing really happen?

What are your thoughts on it? Did it really happen or was it all a lie?

If so, with today's technology, why haven't we gone back?

SleeplessInTexas 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To coin the phrase we’ve “been there, done that”. We’ve taken all the samples we need to study. Everything else can be done from earth. Our instruments have greatly improved in fifty years. It’s incredibly expensive and there’s absolutely no need to go back for no return on our investment.
We’re focused on bigger and further trips at this point like Mars.

I was just at Mars (In Hackettstown NJ)

Yes it did happen. Can you imagine how many people worked on these projects. Keeping them all in a conspiracy with coordinated facts would be well IMPOSSIBLE.
Why can we not go now? The same way as we cannot go from Paris to NY in 3.5 hours which you could do in 1976 but not in 2019!
Some technologies are just too expensive to maintain, same with the moon landing.

You beat me to it ?

Surely intelligent people should not still be discussing this nonsense.

@Moravian Thanks for participating, then. ?

@SleeplessInTexas Wow, sarcasm from an American. Well done 🙂

IMHO, people that believe that it was a hoax, are right up there with flat Earthers, and all the other wacky tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut jobs.
Every thing that they pose as "proof", has been debunked many times over.

It is often said that there are no stupid questions. I’m not so sure.

Ronn Level 2 Feb 12, 2019

Of course it happened.

Moon landing deniers are up there with Holocaust deniers and Flat Earthers. Despite overwhelming proof, just because they can't get their heads around what they can't or haven't seen, they come up with conspiracies.

My husband was in charge of 25,000 scientists who devised and built the first unmanned spacecrafts to the moon. They created seven spacecrafts (Surveyor) that successfully reached the moon with instruments, lots and lots of them, that sent back data about the moon's surface. This enabled the subsequent manned trips starting with Apollo. They were so proud of their accomplishment. It was so exciting! Yes, it was real...very real. Those instruments are still there, on the moon.

Are you talking about the Soviet Luna (the first human made landing) or the first USA missions some years after?

SURVEYOR, the first UNMANNED space flights. Hughes was engaged by JPL. No one else could do it. They sent up 7 flights. All successful. They were so proud and now unsung. It's even hard to access on Google and then underplayed.

This post makes my eyes bleed.

Deep sigh ... there are physical things on the moon that we have left there that definitely corroborate the fact that we've been there

Thanks for participating. Out of curiosity. I'm trying to get to Level 8. ?

I gave you a couple of likes to help you along. Good luck!

Ouch, it's painful though. Lol!

Yes, and we haven’t gone back because it’s expensive and complicated.

Agree

Yes, six times with twelve men. The landings happened and there's proof, both in probe data as well as returned rock specimens. It was not a lie. Here are the names of the men:
NEIL ALDEN ARMSTRONG.
EDWIN "BUZZ" ALDRIN.
CHARLES "PETE" CONRAD.
ALAN L. BEAN.
ALAN SHEPARD.
EDGAR D. MITCHELL.
DAVID RANDOLPH SCOTT.
JAMES B. IRWIN.
JOHN WATTS YOUNG.
CHARLES M. DUKE JR.
HARRISON "JACK" SCHMITT.
EUGENE E. CERNAN.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 12, 2019

No, they got Stanley Kubrick to film it, but it was very expensive because he insisted on filming on location.

No it never happened. It was all created on a Hollywood movie studio including the Kennedy Space Center with all the thousands of eye witnesses watching the huge Saturn V rocket blast off and disappear into the sky. If you believe this then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Seriously?

Of course it happened.

We've been there several times. Due to the cost, it's not practical going back at this time.

All you need to do to prove it to yourself is buy an extremely high powered telescope and look for yourself. I had a friend many years ago that had such a telescope and you can see what we left behind.

I remember people watched the recovery ship go around the moon. Why would NASA spend millions sending a drone, which was harder to operate then than a manned mission, which could have failed? Oh, to get a lame made for television movie.

1. why would it be fake?
  2. If fake, why soviet union don't tell about (they sure were overwatching it)
  3. how many people know the real thing, why no one talks about, how hard is to keep that much secrecy?
  4. It would be more expansive to generate that big lie than to make the moon landing as we know there are manmade objects there...

See, what happened was, they discovered there actually is no moon; it's a figment of our collective imagination and the power of suggestion.

I will accept a ridiculous answer for a ridiculous question. A hat tip sir.

Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins, all engineers and mechanics were put under a psychological test by the government. If you believe that, I like the George Strait song about having some ocean front property in Arizona.

Its possible.

No one has added this: China is headed there with a manned landed by 2024. They don't spend money on didn't happens.

No it never happened. It was all created on a Hollywood movie studio including the Kennedy Space Center with all the thousands of eye witnesses watching the huge Saturn V rocket blast off and disappear into the sky. If you believe this then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

A Chinese vessel just landed there. [cnn.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:287404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.