Agnostic.com

21 4

Nicknames: Do you have one? What is it? Who gave it to you and why?

Crimson67 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually, Duke is my nickname. I could tell you why but, I'd have to kill you.

Duke Level 8 Feb 27, 2018

I'm kidding of course. My last name is Earl so... "Duke of Earl". I've been tagged as "Duke" since 3rd grade.

I have one, but I'm not going to repeat it because I hate it! lol

@Akfishlady nope.

@Donotbelieve LMAO

@Akfishlady Balou is the only nickname I have accepted. That’s all I have to say about that.

Benthoven... I love mixing my name with Beethoven to get Benthoven.

Slick, Rambo, Genius and Slim were tags given to me by others, and ONE other that I will NEVER admit to... LOL
I prefer that people call me 'Rob' though...

At work I go by Lucy.
Short for Lucyfer
Or Lucy Fehr

I suppose people use 'E' or Ease a lot for Ian but when I was little my brother and my dad referred to me as Fred. That was name my brother gave to the lump when my mum was pregnant with me. He still uses it as does one of best friends.

Smlnjac, when you join the Fire Department in my area you are graced with a nickname often one you would prefer not to have. This occurs during your probation period. I was very happy to join the department and smiled from ear to ear my entire probation period. Hence Smiling Jack which was shortened over time to Smlnjac.

I'm a "Bad Ass Mother Fucker" according to my college friends who saw it fit to dub me Jackson. As in Samuel L. Jackson. It has stuck for 12 years.

When I lived in New Jersey growing up, teachers and some kids could either not pronounce or remember my full name. So it was shortened to Dee, which I do not like. I left home when I was 20 and moved to Seattle where I forced everyone to use my full name. Only my sister's continue to use the nickname.

I get called a nice variety of things, some repeatedly, but I have no nickname per se. you?

is help needed?

I'm a pretty boring person I guess because no one has a nickname for me. In reality assigning ironic or humorous nicknames to people isn't a family "thing".

In doing some work-related research last night I did run across a guy who claims people call him "Mr. Butts In Seats" for his alleged "uncanny ability to fill stadiums with people" (he's a marketing executive). I thought that was rather different.

My name is Roger. But my grandfather called me cuckleburr. Probably because I was always stuck to him in the garage. Loved cars my whole life.

I'm using one right now. It's African shing out of Kenya.

My name is Gerrit, my nickname is Gert (Ger, if they are in a hurry), pa (short for dad) and broertje (little brother). Nothing special but satisfying as they are.

Gert Level 7 Feb 28, 2018

My nickname is Stumpy

My friend gave me that name one Sunday evening as we played Magic The Gathering and drinking Jack Daniels.

Being a tad drunk I commented that he bore a striking resemblance to Gizmo from gremlins. To which he replied “Shut it, Stumpy” and the name just sort of sticks

Johnny Thorazine, Mr. Thorazine, Big John, Wookie, God II, The Irreverend...the last two are old enough that I haven't heard them in years....John or Johnny is my name...Johnny Thorazine started as my band name when I was in a band called PsychoScumAddicts...actually, I think it was earlier, but that was the change from Big John to Johnny Thorazine...most people know me by Johnny Thorazine than by my real name.

Through my life... so many... Some were terms of endearments by relatives and close friends, other were boys being boys... others girls being girls... some were derived from sports... Many were only used by one person only... My ex wife still calls me Luigi (my staple in my youth and only real nickname in the pseudo legal way). She earned that much to still call me that. Those nicknames... all of them are representatives of other lives. But I admit there are still a few motherfuckers that call me Lobo or Nighthawk. Here and only here I am Gipsy... to the world I am and always will be Hector that guy that once was called Luigi.

Nope that's a private romantic

Sil...My late hubby gave it to me. I love this nick.

Duchessa, OTOH, was given to my by my former Assistant Principal. He wanted me to cover a class and I say "Not in my agenda." He retorted with "Sorry Duchessa"...

Back in Puerto Rico, when I was like 14 years old we were shooting some baskets. It was raining and I was missing a lot. Then I said: "I must be like Bird Man because without the sun I can't function " Big mistake...I was Bird Man after that...

I've had a few.

Before I got braces it was "Bucky" due to severe overbite.
With braces it was "tinsel teeth"
Then after developing a figure it was "Vidalia" (like the onion) because, evidently I was "a piece of ass that can bring tears to your eyes" (he was southern & it was a compliment.)
Now, all grown up, I don't really have a nickname, unless the different bits of profanity I'm called throughout the work day counts (I'm an investigator for a utility compant).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.