Agnostic.com

8 10

Wisdom from Mark Twain:

1. It was the schoolboy who said, ""Faith is believing what you know ain't so."

2. Politicians are like diapers and need to be changed often, and for the same reason.

3. Religion was invented when the first conman met the first fool.

4. A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.

5. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

6. Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.

7. In God We Trust. I don't believe it would sound any better if it were true.

8. I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit.

9. Stripping away the irrational, the illogical, and the impossible, I am left with atheism. I can live with that.

10. It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.

silvereyes 8 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rational arguments don’t work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people

Faith is the act of not thinking

5 is so true. Well, the other ones are too, but #5 is so true.

I like this one, "If God had meant for us to be naked, we'd have been born that way." I grew up a first generation atheist in the bible belt of Missouri. Mark Twain has long been a hero of mine.

My favorite Twain quite is "It is easier to fool a man than it is to convince a man he has been fooled." I find this is especially apt when it comes to religion.

I have always loved Twains wit and wisdom. He was a great man. If you have not read it, I heartedly recommend his book, THE MYSTEROUS STRANGER.

Me too, next library trip.

Number 10 has been a long time favorite of mine.

Love all of those. Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3001
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.