Agnostic.com

22 5

Any Doctor Who fans?

CherylM 3 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes indeed. I am a fan of the fourth doctor and the new doctors and anticipating the new series ! This is hanging on my fridge....

Ohub Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Dammit....that quote always makes me tear up. Love Matt Smith and Amy and Rory!!!!

I loved when he said, “I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”

It mirrors how I have always felt, and just makes me feel good. I also love much of what was said at the end of the episode with Vincent Van Gogh. I can't quote it without a lump in my throat and I can't watch it without the tears streaming--yet I go back and re-watch it anyhow. 🙂

@Meep70 the van gogh episode is by far my favorite

And it was made even more poignant after watching the film Loving Vincent at the Gene Siskel Film center in Chicago. I re-watched the Dr episode about a week later and cried hard.

One of my favourites. Always makes me cry. It's just so true.

Yep. I hooked my kids on it. It's good story telling wrapped in a cheesy, sci-fi wrapper. David Tennant and Matt Smith are favorites. Looking forward to a female doctor.

Me too. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Yes. My partner got me hooked on the show and I routinely cry watching it.

We're on the 11th Doctor.

I've loved David Tennant and Matt Smith and John Barrowman. I like Torchwood too.

Oh yeah.
Tom Baker was my fave, though Christopher Eccleston and Peter Capaldi are awesome, Rowan Atkinson was ok too. The Tom Baker ones , well many of them were written by Douglas Adams, and for me that added a lot. These are a couple of local guys from my area and youth, sadly the lead died quite some time ago, I worked with his wife. Very Aussie very 70s/80s.

Awesome video. Three of my favourite things - Doctor Who, the 80's, and Aussie

Timey wimey all the timey! I have every available episode going all the way back to the first one in 1963. I am a late-comer, having only watched for the last several years, but I did my homework and have watched most of the classic episodes at least once, and some twice or more.

I have a tiny TARDIS on top of my rearview mirror that I can light up at night when I am feeling whimsical and a few other tidbits of fun here and there. Let's talk about The Doctor!

The rearview mirror at night. Don't worry, it does not distract my driving, and the picture was taken while securely parked.

Very cool!

I never liked it until the 2005 reboot. For me, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were the best. I'm curious (and hopeful) to see how Jodie Whittaker does.

Got my sonic screwdriver!

Indeed - I got a toy version of one for Christmas/Solstice several years back,...

Tom Baker is my favorite Doctor, but I haven't seen the new one yet 🙂

Absolutely a fan. The "new" Doctor is going to be a female.

Life long fan since William Hartnell (I seem to be older than the f***ing Time Lords), got a bit lost after Tom Baker but came back with Christopher Eccleston and just love it. Even met William Hartnell's granddaughter once, same age as me and a pretty little thing but don't think she was all that impressed that being the granddaughter of the first Dr Who was quite as important as I seemed to make out. Oh well.
Looking forward to the new Mrs Dr 🙂

I am a Who fan. Sadly, I don't get to watch much.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 28, 2018

Never enough free time to do all the things we want.

Doctor who ? I know. That was a very unoriginal 'joke' I'm bored 🙂

I've watched every episode post-reboot. It's had its ups and downs. I particularly wish most of the Christmas specials weren't so 'Christmassy.' Not out of any religious objection, but because the concept of attack Christmas trees is just ridiculous.

I'm sorry that Christopher Eccleston didn't make more of a go of it. I thought he had a lot of potential. David Tennant has been by far my favourite so far. I couldn't really gel with Matt Smith: too young, and that sexual assault scene by Amy Pond kind of stuck with me throughout (reverse the gender roles, and they certainly wouldn't have been putting it on children's television and playing it for laughs.) Peter Capaldi didn't work for me initially, but in the later episodes, I though he'd found his way into it.

Big fan of the first two series of Torchwood, too, though I really didn't like it the first time I saw it. I preferred the format where most episodes stood alone and you could watch them in any order, rather than the serialised format that they went with for series 3 and 4.

It’s alright.

Always

Used to love it up until Tom Baker finished.

I used to be, going back to the days of Tom Baker and other doctors in the 70s. At first I liked the reboot, but now I've gone cold on it. The last doctor is a terrific actor, but the themes bored me. He seemed constrained in the role, not being himself. Too much phoney action and political correctness. And now he will be a woman? What about when he got love sick over that blond girl three doctors ago? Now he's a she. Suppose she will pick up young men and spin around the universe. OK. No problem with woman time lords. Had those back in the 70s, Mary Tamm, for example. And they were his equals too. I think they've trampled over the mythology mistaking political correctness with innovation. I'm kind of done with it. I think it needs to have another recess and reboot in the future.

Have been a fan of Doctor Who since I first blundered into it on late night PBS about 1980. For as much nostalgia reasons, my favorite Doctor is Tom Baker's version, followed by Pertwee's version.

In the new series - did like Matt Smith's version as well, and hadn't seen most of the run with either Tennant or Capaldi as I managed to lose BBC TV on my cable provider when I cut service.

Y e s !

Really didn't know about the old series until the new came out. Except somehow I knew who Tom Baker was?

Have loved the new series - except Capaldi. Hoping it all improves again with the Next Doctor. (His portrayal and companions just didn't have the spark I was used to?).

I started watching a month or so ago, I'm at the start of season 3 of the newer episodes. Never thought I'd get into it before that, but then I got hooked on Torchwood, not realizing it was a Dr Who spin-off.

godef Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Not since the 70's.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.