Agnostic.com

26 3

Anyone have any Netflix recommendations? I'm anxiously awaiting Ozarks return... until then, help a heathen out please ????

DevilsQueen 4 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Travelers is great, and mindhunter is another really good thriller!

Love mindhunters haven't heard of travelers

Two of my faves, nice.

There is a Spanish one on there called " ministry of time " which travelers seems to have ripped off. Sub-titles but I was hooked

If you like the sci-fi, I'd recommend Travelers.
I loved The Magicians too, kind of an adult Harry Potter goes to college vibe.
I loved Altered Carbon but folks seem to be coming down hard on one side or the other, not a lot of middle of the road opinions. It's kind of Bladerunnerish.
My oldest son and I are going through Breaking Bad again. It's even better the second time.

Travelers was great!

Waiting for better call Saul to come back will check out travelers next!

the last kingdom

Someone else recommended this one. Is it a documentary?

It’s a dramatization of resistance of Wessex to the Viking invasions. @DevilsQueen

@gatovicolo oh cool. I love the Vikings show this is right up my alley thanks

Try Norsemen a quirky comedy set in viking times. No laugh track though so you work the jokes out for yourself.

Peaky Blinders. You can thank me later

I've gotten mixed reviews but considering some of the sources. I should def check it out! Thx

@DevilsQueen do so. Without delay. Report back.

@DobbinPitch I will !

I didn’t like the first episode for some reason. Could have been the mood I was in. I tried it again recently and was totally addicted.

Shot near me in Liverpool. Not All of the place is as bleak as that though. The Kensington scene was Liverpool too.

"Shameless" if you want to watch a really TRASHY dysfunctional family.

I love Shameless. Waiting for next season!

@DevilsQueen The Uk version was better

Johnathan Strange and Mr Norell

Thanks. Two more on the list. I'm going to be busy for awhile lol

@DevilsQueen loll two names, one title. It's one show

@LadyAlyxandrea lmao thanks for the clarification

Fargo (the tv series), Better Call Saul, True Detective (season 1), Jessica Jones, Stranger Things, The OA. ...Yeah, I like it dark, twisted and dramatic.

Thanks we have similar tastes

Hi from England. I just started watching The Punisher and it's pretty good so far. I was also recommended Narcos and Black Mirror but haven't got around to watching them yet. Breaking Bad is essential of course and Better Call Saul is pretty good too.

You have good taste I'm a fan of those shows as well thanks got a recommendation for peaky blinders and penny dreadful. Have you seen either of those?

Thanks. Peaky Blinders gets better with each series. I have a friend who swears by Penny Dreadful but haven't seen it myself. It's 4.30 AM here what time are you on?!

The Last kingdom is really good.

Then again, I'm a documentary enthusiast.

And Hong kong theatre. And foreign movies. And the Great British Bakeoff....oh & the new Queer Eye...

I like docs if they are reputable, been turned off from some, too much pseudoscience. However,did not know there is a new Queer Eye! Thanks

@Dispirited lol no that makes you the " king of the damned" lol

I keep noticing the historical inaccuracy in last kingdom. ie Stirrups, not used in England before the Normans brought them over in 1066.
Sorry I`m a pedant

@273kelvin i'm sorry my original post was not clear. The last kingdom is definitely brain candy set in a historical framework with lots & lots of "artistic license". I did not mean to imply anything as far as historical accuracy by listing the last kingdom followed immediately with documentaries.

I just started watching "the frankenstein chronicals" as my "treat" while doing cardio. Its a love hate relationship.

@SallyInStitches Highly recommend " Norsemen " not listed as a comedy but it is very funny

@273kelvin ooo thank you. I will put that on my list as i'm laid up due to recent surgery on my arm.

If you can stomach the slow first episodes... Frankenstein Chronicles is a good recommendation. I am a Penny Dreadful fan.

Penny dreadful?

@DevilsQueen The trailer, is on netflix 3 season showtime series. all monsters and characters around London late 19th century.

@GipsyOfNewSpain sweet thanks! We have a winner!

Longmire

@kauva That's what I was going to say! I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, but I got hooked! I also liked The Killing.

Are they new episodes or the ones that were ran already in cable?

I don't know. I watched them thru another site but saw that they were on Netflix.

If you are into Sci-fi, Dark Matter, Travelers and Altered Carbon are my top three.

Perky Blinders took a few episodes to to hook me, but then I really got into it.

I watch Watch West Wing about every two years. I want Bartlet as our President! LoL

If you have Amazon Prime, I really like Orphan Black. Tatiana Maslany is pretty awesome.

Thanks I agree Bartlet 2020

Grace and Frankie; Agents of Shield; Life in Pieces; The IT Crowd; The Blacklist; The West Wing

Debby Level 2 Mar 23, 2018

There is a quirky one called Norsemen.
I can highly recomend " Five came back " to any film buffs.
Minestry of time (Spanish with subtitles).
" Rome "

Dark Matter, Mindhunter, Stranger Things, The OA
Manhunt is pretty interesting, about the Unabomber and the hunt for him

Thanks!

Babylon Berlin or Sense 8 or Helix or Stranger Things

Thanks seen stranger things but not the others

@DevilsQueen. Babylon Berlin is really absorbing..

@Charlene will give it a go! Thanks

I like "Hap and Leonard."

that sounds familiar...

A Little Game
Rams
The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy
BFG
Doc Martin
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Little Boy

IDK what you like, these are some of the best IMO.

I've only heard of the trilogy lol. What genre are these?

@DevilsQueen murder mystery with a heroine for trilogy.
A Little Game...drama
Rams ... drama
BFG ... fantasy
Doc Martin ... British comedy
Extremely Loud ... drama
Little Boy ... drama

All family entertainment.

@EdEarl thanks will have to check em out

The Time Traveler's Wife.

Thanks!

stranger things

Loved it

If you haven't seen them already - Bates Motel (I'm watching it for the second time) and The OA.

Loved Bates the OA I liked it in the beginning but it fizzled out for me

Altered Carbon

Marz Level 7 Feb 28, 2018

Sci-fi?

Yeah. In the future with technology that allows people to transfer their conscience into other bodies

I'm assuming you've already watched The Blacklist, Wanted, Sherlock, The Sniffer, Better Call Saul, Ray Donovan, etc.

Crime sci-fi? Altered Carbon, Killjoys, etc.

Love better call Saul I don't think some of those are on Netflix? Is Ray Donavan? I heard that was great

@DevilsQueen Maybe not, since I get the Thai version of Netflix. A good VPN should let you access the Netflix choices for any country, though.

@birdingnut. Ah! Gotcha. Thanks

Turn. An historical drama in the American revolution.

That was good

Frankenstein Chronicles is good fun.

Thanks I like the title lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.