Agnostic.com

173 536

This could go for either gender. 🙂 Just a great one liner, had to share~

mistymoon77 9 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

173 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I recently posted on Facebook this statement "Religion if the Tool of the Psychopath", and I had a really bad reaction from a person who must be Christian, but who calls herself an Agnostic.

I do think there are some trolls on here pretending to be something they are not.. ironic isn't it, what are they trying to prove anyways..

@mistymoon77 yep, trolls have a tendency of not showing their face or bother with a bio but they post a lot of bullshit.

@mistymoon77 Why, they are trying to "save" us, no doubt. Totally for our own good, of course! (LMFAO!)

@mistymoon77 Years ago on AOL Astrology chat every 5 minutes a bible thumper would start spouting "You devil worshipers are all going to hell!" I tell them "You are going about this the wrong way." and they would try to say some bible quote out of context. Pointless!

@zrez The "Early Troll".... AOL - shudders....

I think we have clearly seen that psychopaths do regularly use religion as a tool. Its right to say that if its what we clearly observe.

@zrez Non believers can't go to hell . The Bible says God created the angels , who then revolted , and God cast them from heaven , his favorite , Lucifer , becoming Satan . Therefore , if you don't believe in God , then Satan and Hell don't exist . Only believers can go to Hell .

@zrez It might have been effective to advise them to turn the telescope the other way round - and look inside themselves.

@mudhen However, there's the counter argument that women have been multitasking from long before that, which requires inter-hemisphere connections. Just as all the Great Apes do. And man's specification diverged from the Great Ape stem a heck of a lot longer that 30 thousand years ago.

The tool of the psychopath, absolutely. Voltaire said it perfectly, "if you can induce them to believe absurdities, you can get them to commit atrocities." Hitler did it, Nazism is a religion; Oliver Cromwell did it invading Ireland in the name of Anglicanism; the Crusaders caused the blood in Jerusalem to be ankle deep, according to eyewitness historians. The list goes on and on.

@mudhen I have always maintained that religion is a mental illness.

@mudhen can you cite your resources. I would love to read more about that subject. There are hundreds if not thousands of Different explanations for how we got here and how we think. I would love to read up this point of view. Tony

@phxbillcee saving us sounds like a “fun” hobby that they wil never win.

@zrez Because there is no hell, I can reply to those words that I'm not going anywhere.

funny on the surface and then just kind of dissolves into pathetic. sorry to crash the party. just sharing my reaction.

I disagree, It is funny period. Religion is the bad joke.

@DerekDerek whatever. chalk it up to having different opinions, tastes, whatever. the joke ultimately is not about religion. and despite what the OP says, it's particularly negative toward women.

@crazycurlz I happen to agree that men lie and cheat more than women.
Women take a bum rap because of the so-called bible. I say so-called because it's a trashy novel.

@crazycurlz I see you point as it is a man talking about a woman, but it could be used in the reverse...Comedians making jokes for laughs...that is all it is to me. Life is too short to get offended easily.

thanks, @LeeSpaner1 but, I think women cheat too. @DerekDerek I don't know if you do see my point cause MY point is that this wasn't a woman joking about a man. Again, on the surface funny because it looks like a biblical joke but take a second look and it's really negative on women. Also, I don't feel offended. I'm older. I feel like I have the right to voice my opinion. 🙂

Women do cheat, NO doubt about it. Maybe I don't see your point, though, as it was a joke clearly about religion and you saw it as an attack on women everywhere. You turned it into some liberal rhetoric and I find it hilarious. This is stupid to even go on with a conversation about a joke. Good day.

@DerekDerek well, that's a leap. I'm not liberal. I'm progressive. And, yes, I agree, sometimes it's best to end with we agree to disagree.

@crazycurlz I think I have to agree that this was meant to be a joke about the bilble being a pack of lies. It could just as well have been a woman making the remark, don’t think it’s meant to be misogynistic.

I do agree with you 100%. & while women cheat & lie too, they don't do it nearly as much as men do. More than half of divorces are due to male infidelity. Men themselves admit to cheating more in survey after survey. I think there is still an attitude that a woman cheating & lying is worse than a man cheating & lying to justify why these sorts of "jokes" are so much more commonly directed at women. We are held to higher standards of behavior.

OK - why can't we reverse gender here:

I knew him in a biblical sense. And when I say that, I mean I don't believe a word he says.

How do men feel about that statement in reverse? How do women feel about that statement with genders reversed? What is your very first thought?

Men and women both lie. Women are just better at lying!?

@Trussell2069 How do you come to that conclusion?

My very first thought is that it applies equally.

@Trussell2069 yeah, I think lying ability can't be attributed to one gender or the other any more than the ability to run, jump, or climb a tree. In other words, I see good and bad liars and everything in between in both genders. Wouldn't it be fun to have a lying contest between genders and see what's what?

I think it's a perfect thing to say about Trump and I'm going to go post that in my feed right now.

It works both ways. No misogyny here!

@BrigittaCuadros "How do you come to that conclusion?"

Kind of off-topic, but that is just the right question to ask, in a variety of situations. I started asking this instead of "Why's that", and people realize they're expected to give their chain of rationale instead of just their current mood. It's remarkable how many people you can stump.

As for your actual question, this particular one wouldn't bother me either way, and I suspect it's because it doesn't outright say "women/men are such-and-such". I don't know the skit, but with the given information, it's suggested he's referring to a specific person, so I can't conclude that gender even factors into it.

Was the disclaimer added in an edit? To me it is equally funny no matter which two genders are involved.

Did you read what our lady Mistymoon77 posting the joke wrote? "This could go for either gender, just a great one liner"...gender is not the matter here but the word playing and the fact that the bible has no words to believe. If Sarah Silverman had said it instead of Jeselnik, she would quote a "him" and it would be equally funny to me!

This guy is hilarious. If you don't mind some "sick" jokes, see his Netflix special "Thoughts & Prayers". I miss his Comedy Central show.

I love sick jokes.. I have a demented twisted warped sense of humor so ya.. bring it on..

@mistymoon77 My kinda gal! I saw above that you've heard some of his stuff, so you are forewarned. His Eric Clapton joke from that special is surely twisted, & that's just one "dead baby" joke!

Yeah, I've watched that one several times on Netflix.

@birdingnut So have I, just to try to memorize most of his jokes!

If it's streaming on Netflix I'm gonna watch it!

I'd never join a club that had me for a member

I believe that's a quote from Groucho Marks .

@Cast1es - I thought it was earlier than that, Oscar Wilde?

@UncleAlan I did a quick search and it is only attributed to Groucho Marx.

@snytiger6 I heard it was from Mark Twain, but I'll accept Groucho. It's kinda like A. Lincoln's quote warning us not to trust the internet.

Groucho is the kind of great puns like that one.
"This morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How it got into my pajamas, I'll never know."
Some of his quoted are kinda sexist or gross, but still funny, such as:
"Behind every great man is a great woman. And behind her, is the man's wife."

@Cast1es Definitely Groucho!

I definitely could have used this line on a past few relationships...

Yea, but it's always afterwards that you know.

Well they do say that people tend to be wiser with the benefit of hindsight.

@LetzGetReal Maybe... but more like just, from an old bastard.... me 🙂

He seems to be an educated moron who gradgeated the 3rd grade twice, or is that double ott, no matter he's an idiot.

Who you calling an idiot, foo?

And what grade did you graduated from?

enealk, I like to think of myself as an honest and up front person, so if you have to ask who I'm calling and idiot, I could say it's you, but you may be asking sincerely as to the writer of the post or the meme, to ease your mind it's the idiot in the meme, so if I'm wrong, and you're not sincere, you can join the meme and be the idiot.
and while I'm on a rant, I'm ok with people using a nick name with a pic, but nick name no pic, you're in a basement closet, I'm a proud Atheist, I use my real name and pic, I refuse to hide my true nature, all my friends know I'm an Atheist, I say nothing here that I wouldn't to any of my friends that are religious, I really dislike when people insult anonymously, I understand how some people feel the need to protect themselves, and that I may not share the same problems as you do, I don't have a situation in my life that allows someone to hold this against me, once you are in a situation, that no one can hurt you for being different, you can feel the freedom, My job is not to convince others that they are wrong about their religion, but to let the life I live show my merit, report me, be pissed at me, but I'm no foo, foo.

@DoyleHefner I hear what you are saying .Like you who I am what you see is what I am

I used to be a schizophrenic but we're OK now!

Grecio Level 7 May 20, 2018

I USED to think that I was schitzophrenic, but I am in two minds about it now!

LOL!

@Unique The voices assure me I'm ok.

9 out of 10 voices in my head agree that you're insane.

Anthony Jeselnik is one of my favorite comedians. He's one of the few comedians who manages to catch me off guard on a regular basis. And I love that nothing is off limits in his comedy. Dark, irreverent humor speaks to me. 😛

He is a funny guy, I have heard him a couple times.. very intelligent man that brings humor into things you wouldn't normally think of.

@amorfati He is definitely one of my favorites.

I’m watching him now on Netflix.

omg someone get this off my feed. I am so tired of this headline.

I have no control over how or where this gets posted. People like it, thats all that matters.

geez! Many of us have not seen this before now...what...because you saw it and he can't post it again?

@Xena It's a great topic with many amusing comments....what's your problem?

I'm gonna steal this one

Me too!

Do you know where I can find the whole show where he says that? It's great!

You can google it, you can find anything on the internet or ask seri...🙂

Netflix

HaHaHa.

I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.

Now that's really funny, in a lingering, pithy way! Good One!!

I thought less about morons then the more I thought about the more I knew their were and are pathetic morons. Meant that yesterday.

Roses are red, violets are blue, I am a schizophrenic and so am I.

Lolololol ?

Why doesn't anyone ever ask about a man's belief?

Marine Level 8 June 25, 2018

I do not like to talk I would rather listen to people who make as*** out of themselves

Wow! 433 “likes”!

and counting. 🙂

@mistymoon77 I like it

We already had that one last week! Give us something new!

many of us did not see it

@Xena Okay I should have realised that!

He is one of my favorite comedians. Very smart. Very irreverent.

Irreverent is good!

@Rustee Irreverent is great! 🙂

This is the best way to describe my ex husband 8)

Mine as well.

Once, a long time ago, I told my Dad that his god wasn't worth the paper He was written on. I should copyright that and put it on a T-shirt!

Except God didn't write ANY of it!

167 likes..
I think that may be a record... 🙂

...just getting started.

This has gotten so many laughs with me and I also found out many of my religious friends don't have much of a sense of humor.

Mocking their God, no they tend not to laugh. Shame as they're missing out

I actually saw this guy live! It was intense. Unforgettable.

Have you watched Ricky do Noah's Arc?? That is toooooooo funny!!!

Rickey Gervias and Bill Mahr (sp).. These guys are hillarius atheists. Tooo funny!!!
I can't spell..

Grecio Level 7 June 18, 2018

I love them both but Bill is my favorite..funny as hell and highly intelligent too!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3105
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.