Agnostic.com

32 2

Was jesus entirely made up

This isn't a question of if you believe in the actual word of jesus or the bible because we know this to be ludacris, but do you believe there was actually a real man named Jesus that all these myths and legends were then created around?

• 28 votes
  • 17 votes
Shanemonty4 3 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

IMO the character of Jesus was loosely based on the proverbial coolest guy in town. He was smart, athletic all the women liked him and was looked up to but at the end of the day he was just an ordinary man like anyone else. His story was passed on from generation to generation with it getting bigger and more unrealistic over time until he was into a God like figure.

The jury is still out on that one but whether he existed or not is really unimportant as the virgin birth,miracles and resurrection were certainly fictional

I forget the name of the pope that said “ it has served us well this myth called Jesus”

I don't know? But there was surely no king David!

There possibly was a David but he would only have been a tribal leader not a great king as depicted in the bible.

@Moravian fair enough.

I think there was a real man named Jesus and he was probrably crucified. The rest is myth. I was a christian and really believed in Jesus. However i had a life altering experience and decided to do research. I watched "Christian Dilemmas" about the real origins of christianity and how there were no 1st century writings about Jesus and All of the Gospels were written or found 50 years after his death.

The Historicity of Jesus: Episode #666
[skeptoid.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:313212
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.