Agnostic.com

10 1

"You must be a member of this group before commenting." What group?

When I click on a post by someone who "favorites" me (I guess that's why I can see their posts) and I have not joined their group, it says:

"You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join group."

What group? The name of the group is not visible.

Before joining, I must know the group's name.

Agnostic.com, please fix this.

Here's an example:

[agnostic.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let's try this again. When you click on the link - The name of the group is right at the top of the page above the post.

You might need to click on the group name at the top of the post and then click on "Join Group". But if you can get to the post - you can join the group.
(The back button will bring you back to the post after you've joined).

It doesn't matter if you are on a Phone/App/Computer/Tablet.

I seriously misunderstood your question. Sorry for the confusion. I though you were getting an alert for a post. No you are following someone - who follows you to a post.
Just a general link.

To clarify you should be seeing posts of people you have favorited - not the opposite.

When you click on the link it should bring you to the group to Join (and you only need to join if you choose to comment on the post) - but you should see the post UNLESS it's a group you hid. (Remember the Hide Group feature?). Or it's a group that has you blocked.

That's the likely explanation here. (Or at least what I'm seeing is "Post not available" ).

@RavenCT

But I have not favorited anyone. Over 140 people favorited me.

@LiterateHiker But them favoriting you shouldn't bring you to their posts?

It means they are following you. Not the reverse. So it's just what you are getting in your alerts perhaps?

If you don't know where to double check - It's right under your member name. (Members I follow). If it's working in reverse? That is a problem. And Admin needs to know.

@RavenCT

That's why I posted this in "Site and Customer Service."

@LiterateHiker This is the list I'm talking about under you member name:

@RavenCT

What do you mean, "It is right under your member name"?

@LiterateHiker I'd tag Admin if you are seeing what your Followers are posting.

Perhaps if you don't follow any members it's a default? IDK - but now I'm curious! Do your alerts say "A member who follows you has posted..."?

@RavenCT

I turned off Agnostic.com pop-up alerts. They obscure the right side of my screen.

@LiterateHiker I meant the list of "Members I follow" is right under your member name if you click on it. You can double check to make certain it's empty.

It's happened before that personal settings slip. So checking is always a good thing.

But perhaps if you don't follow any members - somehow you alerts are for members who follow you? I absolutely do not know. I've always followed a few people since I was able to?

I'd ask Admin on this one - because it sounds like coding to me?

@LiterateHiker I meant the general alerts under the bell icon.

Are you using the app or the webpage?

I’m on a web browser, not the app. At the top of the page I see ‘ Groups ->Just for Laughs ‘

I click on the ‘Just for Laughs’ part and it takes me to a page where I can join.

That's how it is for me too.

@kiramea Using a browser as well?

@indirect76 I should have put that in the message. Yes, I'm using a browser (Chrome).

I’m using the iOS app and that appears the same to me.

@Wurlitzer Hmm. Perhaps if @LiterateHiker can post a screenshot? If we can’t identify/reproduce the problem there is no hope for a fix.

Okay, I edited my post to clarify it.

When I click on a post by someone who "favorites" me (I guess that's why I see their posts), and I have not joined their group, their post says:

"You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join group."

But the group name is not visible.

I wonder why they would want to place limits on who can comment. It seems kind of silly.

Always seems to be the "fun" groups that carry that resriction. Strange.

I'll comment on the group in name only. What group?

@DenoPenno

[agnostic.com]

I don't get it? The group whose page you were on.

@mooredolezal

[agnostic.com]

@LiterateHiker the group's name is just for laughs. I just joined it and left a comment. The name of the group is there now. Maybe there was just a glitch when you tried it. Try it again and let me know what happens.

@mooredolezal

Still doesn't show the name of the group.

@LiterateHiker I don't understand? I clicked on the link you provided and it went to a page that read just for laughs.

@mooredolezal

Maybe something is wrong on Agnostic.com for me. Beats me.

@LiterateHiker you know that may be. Sometimes I post links and when I click on them they work fine but for anyone else they do not work. PS I just sent you a PM.

I'm assuming you clicked on something in the main page that was posted in a group. Back on the main page it will tell you what group it's from at the bottom of the posts blurb.

If I assumed wrong just ignore this and I owe you 30 or so seconds of your life back.

1of5 Level 8 Mar 23, 2019

Hell, I bet Kathleen read that in about 5 seconds. You must be confusing her with the president.

@mooredolezal I always repay with interest.

No, she had mostly coherent sentences and this wasn't on twitter.

@1of5

[agnostic.com]

@LiterateHiker uhm, I see it in the url and right above the post, where it says > Groups > Just For Laughs

But I'm using chrome instead of the app, so YMMV.

@1of5

Thanks. I did not look at the URL.

Say "What" again. I double-dog dare you.

@GuyKeith

[agnostic.com]

@LiterateHiker The Christmas one is even funnier.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:316599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.